Start in Douala and end in Dschang! With the In-depth Cultural tour Cultural Tour of Cameroon 8 Days, you have a 7 days tour package taking you through Douala, Cameroon and 7 other destinations in Cameroon.
Day 01: DOUALA – CAMEROON
Arrive Douala. Meet, greet and transfer to hotel
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: DOUALA – BANDJOUN – BAFOUSSAM
After breakfast, depart Douala to Bandjoun driving through the Mbo plains with its rich fruit plantations. Arrive Bandjoun and visit the Chief’s palace and museum for a tale of local folklore. Afterwards continue drive to Bafoussam, the regional capital for overnight.
Day 03: BAFOUSSAM – FOUMBAN – BAFOUSSAM
After breakfast, drive to Foumban, seat of the Bamoun kingdom and one of the oldest and most organised dynasties in Cameroon. Your tour will include a visit to the palace of the Sultan, as well as a local museum for traditional culture and crafts. Other activities include a visit to the city mosque as well as the artisan market where one can buy crafts from master woodcarvers, basket weavers and embroiders.
Day 04: BAFOUSSAM – DSCHANG – YAOUNDÉ
Drive to Dschang at 1200m in altitude where you visit the Musee the civilization, which tells an in-depth story about the creation and evolution of the Republic of Cameroon to present day. Later visit the Centre Climatique which served as refuge for French colonial administrators who could not return to France during the Second World War. Continue drive to Yaoundé to arrive late afternoon for brief city tour and overnight.
Day 05: YAOUNDÉ – EBOGO – YAOUNDÉ
Drive after breakfast to the touristic village of Ebogo. This sustainable tourism project was conceived by the World Tourism Organization. The Nyong River that washes through the dense tropical forest serves as one of its numerous attractions. Some activities include dugout canoe ride, bird watching and hiking and visiting trees ranked amongst the oldest in the world. Return to Yaounde for overnight.
Day 06: YAOUNDÉ – BUEA
Early morning departure from Yaoundé to the South West regional capital town of Buea driving through Douala. Arrive the city late afternoon and overnight.
Day 07: BUEA – LIMBE – DOUALA
Early morning city tour of Buea. Located on the slopes of Mt Cameroon at 1200m, the city served as capital of German Kamerun during colonization so how’ll have the opportunity of observing ancient German architecture with most of the buildings serving today as government offices of residence for civil servants. Later visit the German cemetery and the Prime Minister’s lodge which served as residence for the then German Governor General and today serves as an auxiliary home for the president of the Republic. Start a descent in altitude for the seaside resort town of Limbe. Arrive and visit the downbeach fish market, the botanical garden and the city’s new lay out before driving to Douala for overnight.
Day 08: DOUALA – DEPARTURE
AM: Douala city tour. PM: check-out of hotel and depending on your flight time, transfer to airport or international departure flight.
|Douala||01||Douala Design Hotel|
|Buea||01||Buea Mountain Hotel|
|Douala||01||Douala Design Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entry fee as per mentioned
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.