The Jamaica excursions offer a trip of a lifetime, taking you to most famous and appealing attractions in Jamaica. The tour is perfect for couples, family members, and groups of friends!
Day 01: Arrival in Kingston Jamaica
Welcome to Jamaica! If you purchased airport transfer, your tour guide/driver will be waiting for you at the Norman Manley International Airport arrivals to transfer you to your Kingston hotel accommodation.
[NOTE: Airport arrival instructions will be emailed to you 3 weeks before the excursion start date.]
Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 02: Kingston City Tour
Today you’ll take a full-day city tour of Kingston, the capital of Jamaica and the “heartbeat of the island.” We start this excursion off by exploring the buzzing capital city. Attractions visited while in Kingston:
Fort Charles and the town of Port Royal: the only Sunken City in the Western Hemisphere.
Devon House: 19th century mansion with the best frozen treats in Jamaica at the Devon House Ice Cream.
Bob Marley Museum: former residence and studio of the Reggae icon, Bob Marley.
Emancipation Park: a rare jewel in the heart of Kingston, the seven acres of the park will take your breath away.
The University of the West Indies: largest university in the English-speaking Caribbean. Home to rich culture and heritage dating back to the year when sugar plantations dominated the Liguanea Plains. Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 03: Taste of Jamaica
In the morning, you will travel from Kingston to a plantation near Ocho Rios for an authentic taste of Jamaica. The drive is an hour and half from your hotel accommodations, so feel free to bring reading materials and headphones to listen to your own music. Here you will visit a family-owned farm where you will be welcomed with a blend of delicious juice. A local guide will take you on a walking tour around the plantation, educating you on the interesting plants and fruit treats that you will be able to sample as you tour. Taste the many fruits in season, drink the revitalised coconut water, and finish the tour with a traditional dish of Ackee and Saltfish (Jamaica’s National Dish) while enjoying freshly-made fruit juice.
Leave with a wealth of knowledge on the history and healing powers of Jamaican food. Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 04: Cultural Excursion
Today the excursion will lead you to the last remaining wilderness in Jamaica, the Cockpit Country. Learn about how the Maroons established their free community. Hike to the Peace Cave where Cudjoe signed a peace treaty establishing the first African State in Jamaica.
There are 1,500 different species of flora and fauna that exist in the Cockpit Country region. Spot them as you hike through the area with your private tour guide. After lunch, you will visit a cave where the stalactites and stalagmites have intricately formed. You can even enjoy a swim in the natural pool on the inside of the cave.
Finish the adventure with a relaxing swim in the river. What a surreal experience! Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 05: Optional Activity Day in Portland Jamaica (B)
In the morning, you will make the anticipated visit to the lush countryside of Portland. You will take a ride on a local handcrafted bamboo raft down the beautiful Rio Grande River. Half-way down the river, you’ll stop for a delicious Jamaican cuisine.
Our next stop is the Blue Lagoon. Take a boat ride across to the Monkey Island Beach or swim in the turquoise-blue, 180-feet deep waters fed by natural underground streams.
If you choose to opt out of the optional activity day, then today is a free day to do with as you please! Enjoy the serenity of the accommodations, spend the day at the beach, rent a surfboard and take a lesson for a couple of dollars, or simply relax at the beach. Regardless, life is good on your relaxing day in Jamaica! Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 06: Tour of the Blue Mountains
After breakfast, enjoy a private excursion tour of the Blue Mountains. Tour the Blue Mountain coffee farm, a secret natural spring, and more! The scenic ride takes you through the lush countryside of Jamaica’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site. The area boasts very spectacular views and a diverse flora and fauna that can’t be seen anywhere else in the world. On this Blue Mountains excursion you can expect:
To pass through a military base which was established by the British military in 1840 and now being used as training camp for Jamaica Defence Force.
To walk one of the trails that lead to a magical waterfall while admiring the splendid mountain and city views.
To visit a coffee farm where you will see how the World Famous Blue Mountain coffee is produced and have a delicious cup of coffee.
A succulent Jamaican cuisine served with in season fruit juice or Blue Mountain coffee
We recommend bringing comfortable walking shoes and a jacket, as it can get quite cold in the mountains. Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 07: Free Day in Kingston
Visit a local school or children’s home for the day. Sit in on a lesson, interact with students or play with the kids. Share the culture of Jamaica, donate school supplies, and fulfill a need in the community.
If you do not choose to take part in this activity, you are free to spend the day as you like! Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 08: Waterfall Excursions
Today we will drive to the North Coast of Jamaica. We will begin the excursion by visiting the Shaw Park Gardens, a beautiful and peaceful garden with panoramic views of Ocho Rios. A trip to Jamaica would not have been complete without a visit to the famous Dunn’s River Falls. With the help of a guide, you will join the adventure and climb the cascading waterfalls. Spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the beach. Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 09: Free Morning & Afternoon Shopping
Spend the morning at the beach socialising with your fellow travellers or just relax in nature. In the afternoon, we will go shopping for souvenirs for your family and friends back at home. Overnight in Kingston, Jamaica.
Day 10: Depart Jamaica
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.