This comprehensive tour of Turkey combines history and beaches, man-made wonders and natural phenomena, as well as a vibrant and welcoming culture. Begin your trip roaming the palaces and mosques of Istanbul before journeying into the bizarre as you explore otherworldly Cappadocia. From the amazing white cliff waterfalls of Pamukkale to the bustling bazaars of Istanbul, our local CEOs (Chief Experience Officers) will show you the region’s hidden gems and make sure your trip burns brightly in your memory long after you’ve left this crossroads of Asia and Europe.
Day 01: Istanbul
Arrive Istanbul, meet-assist at airport & transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Istanbul/Bolu
Enjoy an orientation walk around Istanbul before moving on to the city of Bolu.
Day 03: Bolu/Cappadocia
Visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk, the father of the Modern Turkish Republic, en route to Cappadocia region.
Transfer to the region of Cappadocia for 2.5 days of exploring. There will be plenty of time to tour the area by bike, visit neighbouring villages.
During one of the evenings, travel to a nearby village and enjoy dinner with a local family.
Day 04: Cappadocia
Enjoy an included visit to the Göreme Open Air Museum before free time to explore this unique region.
Open Air Museum, a complex of medieval painted cave churches carved out by Orthodox monks. Tour the more than 10 caves on site, and enjoy the color and vibrancy of many of the churches that are up to 1,000 years old.
Day 05: Cappadocia
Free at leisure.
Day 06: Cappadocia/Konya
Explore one of the many underground cities in the region. Visit Konya before spending the night in a local Turkish village. Visit a community park and cooperative, a project supported by G Adventures. Experience a homestay as the guest of a local family.
Depart Cappadocia and head to an underground city to explore. Have a quick lunch before journeying to the region of Konya.
Travel about 1 hour to a local village for a cozy homestay. On the way, visit Catalhoyuk, a uniquely well-preserved Neolithic site.
Upon arrival in the village, learn about local life and visit a community park and cooperative supported and developed by G Adventures before enjoying a home-cooked dinner tonight.
Day 07: Konya/Antalya
Wander the lovely seaside town of Antalya.
Arrive at Antalya around lunchtime.
With a free afternoon, wander the charming cobbled hillside streets of the district of Kaleici, a great place to stop and have a drink with amazing views of the marina below. For a break from the hustle and bustle, head for the greenery and teashops at one of Antalya’s beautiful parks or catch some sun at a nearby beach.
Day 08: Antalya/Kekova
Enjoy a freshly prepared dinner before sleeping aboard a boat under the stars on the Mediterranean Sea.
Drive to the beautiful coastal village of Demre for lunch. After, board our boat for an unforgettable night on the Mediterranean Sea.
The boat trip includes sailing around Kekova Island, with plenty of time to enjoy the sunshine and scenery.
Later, walk to Simena Castle to enjoy the views and archaeological ruins. Then opt to go for a swim in the crystal clear waters or just relax on deck.
Day 09: Kekova/Kaş
Wake up on board and enjoy breakfast in the fresh morning air. Opt for a swim before returning to Demre, and continuing on to the coastal town of Kaş.
Day 10: Kaş/Selçuk
Leave the beautiful sea behind and head to Pamukkale, passing through fruit orchards on the way.
Visit the famous white cliffs of Pamukkale and the ancient site of Hierapolis before continuing on to Selçuk.
Day 11: Selçuk
Visit the ruins of the ancient Roman town of Ephesus.
After, head to town and enjoy some free time to explore. Opt to pre-book a traditional Selcuk cooking class, walk to the remains of St John’s Basilica, visit the Mosque of Isa Bey or wander the streets of this vibrant Turkish town. Or catch a local “dolmus” bus to the picturesque village of Şirince (8 km) to sample some local wine or shop for crafts. For dedicated sunseekers, the beach at Pamucaki is also within reach.
Day 12: Selçuk/Ayvalık
Ayvalik’s blend of Ottoman architecture, cobblestoned streets, and attractive harbour make this stop a highlight. The beach of Sarimsakli is a quick bus ride away and the harbour in town offers short cruises.
After exploring, head down to one of the waterside restaurants for a sunset drink or meal. Then enjoy the hospitality and beautiful views from the family-run pension in a restored Ottoman mansion.
Day 13: Ayvalık/Çanakkale
Enjoy a visit to the world-famous city of Troy. After exploring the site, continue to the harbour town of Çanakkale, a busy port with a thriving student population.
Day 14: Çanakkale/Istanbul
Make an early morning visit to Gallipoli, where thousands gave their lives during WWI in the battle of the same name. Take in the sights and learn the sombre story.
Continue on to İstanbul for the opportunity to finish up your sightseeing or get in some last minute shopping.
Day 15: Depart Istanbul
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Istanbul||01||Radisson Blu Hotel|
|Bolu||01||Bolu Koru Hotels Spa & Convention|
|Cappadocia||03||Suhan Cappadocia Hotel&Spa|
|Konya||01||Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Konya|
|Antalya||01||Crowne Plaza Antalya|
|Selcuk||02||Charisma De Luxe Hotel|
|Ayvalik||01||Halic Park Hotel|
|Istanbul||01||Radisson Blu Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 14 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.