On this 8 days Adventure tour to Uganda you will get to experience river rafting, the source of the nile, safaris, gorilla tracking and much much more.
Day 01: Airport pick up and transfer to Kampala
Our local driver/representative will be at Entebbe Airport to pick you up from your flight. He will bring you to Kampala. Accommodation at hotel.
Day 02: Source of the Nile and Rafting
Today you will visit the source of the Nile, go Rafting on the Nile and see a number of falls. Visit Jinja town and all food and drinks are catered for on this day. Accommodation at hotel.
Day 03: Kampala to Queen Elizabeth N.P
Today you drive from Kampala to Queen Elizabeth National Park. After about 5 hours driving, you stop for lunch in the cozy town Fort Portal. Queen Elizabeth is Uganda’s second largest park and is located base of the majestic Rwenzori Mountain range, adjacent to Lake Edward and Lake George. The park has prolific game, including Gazelle, Uganda Kob, Warthog and Waterbuck; Lions are often sighted both in and at the entrance to the park. Be prepared for huge numbers of Hippo and Elephant, and keep your eyes peeled for a Leopard lazing in the sunshine. Your lodge is located on the edge of Queen Elizabeth National Park, overlooking the spectacular Kazinga Channel. Watch wildlife at the waterhole from your own private verandah and fall asleep to the roaring of Lions on the distant savannah. This truly is Africa! Time permitting; you will go for a short game-drive into the park.
Day 04: Game drives and boat cruise
After an early breakfast, you go for an early morning long game drive at 6.30 a.m. in time to see the sun rise. You will search for all the wildlife in the park; Elephant, Buffalo, Lion, Waterbuck, Leopard, Uganda Kob, Warthog, etc. After lunch, you will take a boat trip along the Kazinga Channel. Here, you will see a lot of hippos (more than you can possibly imagine!), as well as a variety of other animals which come to the waterhole to drink or bathe. You can expect to see: Buffalo, Crocodile, bathing Elephant, and a range of beautiful birds. This will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your tour. After the boat-safari you game drive back to the lodge.
Day 05: Queen Elizabeth N.P to Bwindi Forest
Today you drive to Kisoro in the south-western part of Uganda; close to the borders with Rwanda and Congo. You cross a beautiful part of the country often referred to as the Switzerland of Africa. You will see a great country-side, bamboo forest and have great views over the Virunga Mountains. For lunch you will stop at a local restaurant on the road. Accommodation at Gorilla Valley Lodge.
Day 06: Gorilla Tracking
Today is the big day… Prepare yourself for an encounter with one of Bwindi’s gentle giants: the rare Mountain Gorilla. For most people this is the absolute highlight of their tour in Uganda. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both Mountain Gorillas and Chimpanzees – the only forest in Africa which can make this claim in fact. It also hosts five other species of primate, 113 species of mammal, over 200 butterflies and 360 birds. The Gorillas you will track belong to one of nine habituated family groups who can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day. Your trek will be an exciting journey along forested slopes, entwined vines, bushes and bamboo before you eventually reach the Gorillas habitat. En-route, your guide will point out signs of previous Gorilla activity, including dung, nests and chewed bamboo shoots. The time taken to track the Gorillas can take as little as 2 hours to as much as 7 hours before one returns! Once the Gorillas have been located, your group will be allowed a maximum of one hour with them. Coming face-to-face with a Mountain Gorilla is a truly humbling and emotional experience. This is a fantastic and privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own „Gorillas in the Mist?. In the Evening visit the community and interact with thee local people.
Day 07: Bwindi Forest to Kampala
After breakfast you continue your drive back to Kampala or Entebbe (Airport). Of course you stop at the equator, the best place for your souvenir shopping. Your driver/representative will bring you to your accommodation in Kampala
Day 08: Depart Entebbe airport
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Kampala||02||Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Hotel|
|Queen Elizabeth N.P||02||Wildtracks Overland Camp|
|Bwindi||02||Trackers Safari Lodge|
|Kampala||01||Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Park entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.