Prepare for some thrilling adventures during this action-packed week in the Pyrenees. Nestled between France and Spain, Andorra’s beautiful surrounding landscape provides thrillseekers with a setting for some serious adrenalin-fuelled fun. Hike up mountains, cycle through valleys, whitewater raft, zip-line and more in this small yet stunning European adventure land.
This is an active trip packed with activities such as cycling, white-water rafting, zip-lining and trekking. To fully enjoy it, you’ll need a good state of health and fitness. To participate in the rafting experience, you’ll need to be a confident swimmer. The trip involves some early starts and long days, because the itinerary is packed with lots of exciting activities. Soldeu, our base for this trip, is located in a rural area in Andorra’s high mountains. Transferring to Soldeu from the closest international airports can take up to five hours, but the stunning scenery will help pass the time.
Day 01: Soldeu, Andorra
In and around Soldeu
Welcome to Andorra! There’s a complimentary group transfer from the airport in Toulouse to your hotel. For more information about timing and meeting point details please see the Essential Trip Information. Situated on the southern slopes of the Pyrenees, Andorra is squashed between France and Spain. Although small, Andorra is blessed with some of the finest scenery in the Pyrenees and is a great base for an active week in the mountains. Make sure you get plenty of rest tonight, as tomorrow your adventure begins.
Day 02: Salamandres Lake Walk
This morning take your first excursion into Andorra’s mountains. It’s a 10-minute drive to Entorn at the base of the stunning Ransol Valley Ridge. Starting at 2000 metres above sea level, climb 250 metres to the Salamandres Lakes. Then there is a chance to relax by the lake and take a paddle or for the more energetic to hike up to the Ransol Ridge at 2,500m. At this height, spectacular views can be enjoyed across the Andorran peaks. The rest of the day is a gradual descent back down going past the Roca del Home Dret, the rock of the straight man. This is a great way to ease yourself into trekking and to acclimatize to the altitude. Keep your eyes open for native flora and fauna, such as the griffon vulture, which can often be seen soaring overhead. From here you arrive in the beautiful Incles Valley where you cross the Incles river to take a gentle path back to the hotel. You’ll arrive back at the hotel between 3 and 4 pm, giving you a chance to relax in the sun, explore the village or visit a neighbouring hotel’s spa centre.
Day 03: Cycling and Zip wiring in Cortals Valley
Today’s full day of activities takes place in the stunningly beautiful Cortals Valley, about 30-minute drive away from our hotel. Up at the top of the valley you jump on the bikes for a 6 km descent of switch backs with little or no traffic enjoying incredible views. You will then enjoy easy riding on the only flat off road track in Andorra leading to the Engolasters Lake. Around the lake there are plenty of fun tracks to be taken and you normally have the choice between an easy flat track and a more exciting path through the woods. At the other end of the lake is the zip wiring and tree top centre. After a short briefing, you climb up into the trees and then cross the area by mostly zip lines and some rope obstacles. This is designed to be accessible to all and not too high but then there is an optional area with rope swings and a zip line ridden on a snowboard (these are optional and at an extra cost). After a picnic lunch by the lake you get back on the bikes and take a single track route into the forest to a fun bike park so you can hone your skills on a bit more technical riding or if you don’t fancy it just watch the others trying. At the end of the day there is a 10km road descent with plenty of switch backs down to the capital Andorra la Vella and then return by vehicle to Soldeu.
Day 04: White Water Rafting in Sort
Crossing the Andorran border into Spain today, encounter different scenery and a more Mediterranean feel. Drive along a mountain pass of the Port de Canto to a height just below 2000 metres. Your adventure begins at a white water rafting centre (where there are changing facilities). An ability to swim is essential for this activity. Once kitted out with paddles, helmets, buoyancy aids and wetsuits, local guides will lead you on an exhilarating 14-kilometre white water rafting experience. The rivers around Sort have different grades of rapids (up to class III) and are rated in the top five in the world for safety and enjoyment. After drying off, there’ll be some time to relax in the bar or by the pool at the centre, before returning by vehicle to Soldeu.
Day 05: Free Day in Soldeu
Today you are free to choose from the many optional activities available in Andorra. You may decide to go fishing or visit the thermal baths of La Caldea. If you have a good head for heights, you can try your hand at Via Ferrata climbing or canyoning. There are plenty more opportunities for walking and mountain biking, or you might simply like to relax, enjoy the sunshine or go duty free shopping.
Day 06: Mountain biking on The Iron Route
After being issued with a helmet and a mountain bike, your guides will brief you on the mountain biking and then there is a short 10 minute shuttle to the start of the picturesque Ransol Valley. From here you will ride with the guide 2.5km of gentle uphill and flat to the end of Ransol Valley, where there is a lovely picnic area with running spring water. Here the guide will go through the important peaks of the area such as the Pic de la Serrera where they used to collect iron ore from. Then descending back down The Valley there is a chance to take the bikes on a bit more challenging off road section. Down to the main road you find the local Caves Manacor market which stocks local products and souvenirs such as hams, cheeses, and spirits, lots you can try even if your not buying. Then it is back to the hotel for your picnic lunch on the terrace. After lunch you take the vehicles up to the Port Envalira pass. At 2,400m this is the highest road pass in Western Europe. Spectacular views from the top and then a thrilling 10km road and off road descent back to the hotel in Soldeu.
Day 07: Walking in Incles Valley, Soldeu
Take a short walk into the Incles Valley, where today’s hike begins. Walk along a single track through forested mountain slopes, keeping an eye out for pine forest plants, flowers and rhododendrons in June, wild fruit in mid summer and mushrooms in September. It’s common to see groups of thickset mountain horses grazing on the high slopes. Continue your climb up to the Cabana Sorda Lake, which sits below an impressive amphitheatre of rock at 2300 metres above sea level. Stop here for lunch. Eager walkers can hike up to the peak (around 2600 metres) to enjoy amazing bird’s eye views of the valley. After lunch, descend through thick woodland into the valley and head back to town on foot.
Day 08: Soldeu
Final departure transfer to Toulouse Airport for flight back to home.
|Soldeu, Andorra||07||Hotel Ski Plaza & Wellness|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.