The put in point of the 70 kilometers long river is Katikeghat and the take out point is Chatara. This river rages with some class 3 and class 4 rapids making it a thrilling rafting experience. Camping at sedate beaches along the river give you plenty of time to relax and get to know your fellow rafters. The best seasons to choose this rafting journey are from October to December and March to May. Rafting at Arun River, is an ideal option for someone who is more into thrill and is looking for a wilderness experience.
Day 01 Kathmandu – Dharan By Road
Today we’ll drive to Dharan from Kathmandu, which takes around 14 hours.
Day 02 Dharan – Tumlingtar By Road
After breakfast, from Dharan we’ll drive to Tumlingtar, which will take another 10 hours. We will drive to Katikeghat from Tumlingtar and set up a camp by a river bank.
Day 03 Katikeghat
Our rafting journey begins with safety and paddling instructions from the professional guides. We will raft down to Tumlingtar and enjoy a peaceful and serene view.
Day 04 Tumlingtar Rafting
From Tumlingtar we continue our expedition to Kewa Khola, the camp site for the day.
Day 05 Sabha Khola
On the 4th day, we paddle to Sabha Khola. We will hit three rapids of class 3 and class 4 just before reaching the suspension bridge of Raighat. The camp site for the day will be Raighat, where you can spend a cozy night at the beach.
Day 06 Rajghat
The 5th is also known as the “Green Day” as we will be rafting among the greener side of Nepal. We will raft to Tribeni (union of three rivers) from Raighat and hit continuous rapids throughout the journey.
Day 07 Chatara – Biratnagar By Road / Biratnagar – Kathmandu By Flight
After rafting for around an hour and half, we will reach our take out point, i.e. Chatara, from Tribeni and the 6 days of awesome expedition comes to an end. You can either drive back to Kathmandu from Chatara or fly back to Kathmandu from Biratnagar, which is an hour and a half drive from Chatara.
Day 08 Depart Kathmandu By Flight
Transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
|Places||Night( s)||Hotels / Camps|
– Professionally trained and certified river guides.
– Professionally trained and certified safety kayakers.
– Quality rafting and kayaking equipment, including boats, kayaks, helmets, paddles, life jackets, dry bags and pelican boxes.
– 7 Nights Accommodation in a camp and all necessary facilities including personal tents, individual mattress and sleeping bag, toilet tents etc.
– All meals while on the river – breakfast, lunch and dinner.
– Two way transportation – buses, 4WDs.
– River Permits.
– Visas, flights, other taxes etc.
– Personal items like toiletries, clothing, camera etc.
– Alcohol and other packed food.
– Insurance policy: paddlers need to have their own insurance since we only provide insurance to our crew.
– Tips for guides and porters.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.