Start and end in Asmara! With the Discovery tour Asmara, Keren & Massawa – 6 Days, you have a 6 days tour package taking you through Asmara, Eritrea and 2 other destinations in Eritrea.
Day 01: Arrival Asmara
At your arrival at the Asmara International Airport, after processing custom formalities you will be transferred at your hotel.
In the afternoon you will start with the discovery of Asmara. We will visit some sites.
Overnight in Asmara
Day 02: Asmara city tour
Asmara, the capital of Eritrea is the largest City. Lying at an altitude of 2400 meters above sea level the City has a year round pleasant climate at a range of 18-25 Celsius. Even during the summer time Asmara has an enjoyable climate.
The modern city of Asmara was literally created by the Italians between the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th Century. The city’s elegant streets and the adjoining promenade are comfortable for day or night walking. The city now accommodates more than 400 art Deco buildings officially recognized by UNESCO. The city maintains its cleanliness, which is commended by many visitors. One of the attractive features of Asmara, in particular and the country in general is that it is the safest place to enjoy. One would feel as if one is in Rome when touring Asmara. Many Italians use to call it “Asmara Bella”. meaning “Asmara the beautiful”.
Overnight in Asmara
Day 03: Asmara – Keren
A drive from Asmara to the town of Keren, the second largest city, situated at 91 kilometers to north west of Asmara takes a gradual descent to an altitude of 1390 meters. It has a moderate climate. The fine tarmac road, built by the Italians is like a hairpin curved out from mountainous plateaus.
Overnight in Keren
Day 04: Keren – Filfil – Massawa
The colorful Keren market is every Mondays. Visit the bustling market that comprises camel, livestock, pottery, straw products, silver jewelry, etc.
In the afternoon, travel from Keren to the Red Sea Coast and the port city of Massawa- the pearl of the Red sea.
Ministry of Tourism’s Regional Branch Office, Keren
En route visit the evergreen Filfil- the ‘Green Belt’ region lies to the northeast of Asmara, part of the Semenawai Bahri area. It is covered with lush forests and vegetation and home to an impressive array of birds and mammals such as vervet monkeys and hamadryas baboons.
It is the most picturesque loop in Eritrea, with innumerable zigzag bends, jaw-dropping vistas, cool air and sometimes a veil of mist which adds a touch of the bizarre. This route, known as the Pendice Orientali (meaning ‘Eastern Slope’), takes you though some of the most dramatic and diverse landscape in Eritrea. It makes a great day excursion.
Gurgsum beach swimming, rest and recreation.
Overnight at Massawa
Day 05: Massawa City Tour
In the morning, visit the port city of Massawa – City of islands and the ‘Pearl of the Red Sea’, a city which for centuries has been one of the region’s most important ports.
With its exquisite Turkish-Egyptian-Italian style architecture and shopping arcades, beautiful mosques and delicious sea food, Massawa is the perfect destination to cater for all tastes. In addition to the city’s attractions, pristine beaches and enjoyable swimming are available just a short distance from the city center.
Overnight in Massawa
Day 06: Massawa – Ghindae – Asmara
Transfer to airport for departure.
|Asmara||02||Asmara Palace Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 05 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entry fee as per mentioned
– English Speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.