Auli Located at an altitude of 2500 – 3050 mts above sea level, offering a panoramic view of Mt.Nanda DeviKamet, Mana Parwat, Dunagiri, Beethartoli, Nilkanth, Hathi Parbat, Ghori Parbat and Nar Parbat,is an ideal place for Skiing, covered with evergreen conifers and oak forest. The potential of snow dressed slopes of Auli, once the training grounds for the Paramilitary forces was adjudged by the French and Austrian experts who compared it with the best skiing grounds of the world, and rated it as one of the best. In summers Hikers/ Trekkers will find numerous marked walks and there are also mountain bike trails. at the backdrope of the resort lies the famous high altitude Gorson Reserve forest (part of Nanda Devi National Park ) richly habituated by rare Himalayan wildlife including snow Leopard, Musk Deer, Wild Boar, Wild Cat,Wild Rabbit, Jackal, Fox, Hyena and Beer. There are various scenic locations around .
Day 1: Arrival at Delhi
On your arrival at New Delhi airport meet our tour representative and get transferred to your pre- booked hotel.
The capital city of India welcomes all the tourists with a number of attractions and heritage sites which form a major part of Indian tourism. Delhi is majorly known for its street food and fine-quality restaurants which attracts a lot of food lovers and other tourists to the destination. Even if you are planning your first trip, the city will surely not disappoint you in any way. The city offers something for every traveler.
Enjoy breakfast and proceed to visit some of the important tourist places and major UNESCO sites of the country including Red Fort, Qutub Minar and Humayun’s Tomb.
As the name suggests, Red Fort (closed on Mondays) is a red sand stone structure that paints a picture of Mughal era in India. Red Fort is the place from where the Prime Minister of India addresses the nation every year on the occasion of Independence Day (15 August). The star attraction of the monument is the sound and light show which tells about the history of Mughal era in the evenings.
Qutub Minar is another prime attraction, we take you to. Built by Qutub-ud-din-Aibak in 1192, it is one of the finest and tallest minarets in the world. It is a monument that signifies the might of Islam. Also, you visit the Humayun’s Tomb, which was originally commissioned by Humayun’s first wife, Bega Begum. The first garden tomb of India, Humayun’s Tomb speaks much about the decline of the Mughal era and rise of British Empire during those times.
Get back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 2: Delhi – Haridwar (230 km/ 5 to 6 hours drive)
Today, have breakfast and leave for Haridwar, one the holy Hindu cities of Uttarakhand.
Haridwar is one of the seven holiest places for Hindus. It is the first place where the holy river Ganga enters into the Northern plains. People from all over the world visit the destination to take a dip in the holy waters of the river, which is believed to wash away the sins of every individual. Haridwar is also one of the four cities where Kumbh Mel air organized.
Check-in at the hotel. Relax for some time in the hotel room. Later, in the evening visit Har-ki-Pauri, a holy Ghat on river Ganga, for Ganga Arti (river worship ceremony). It is going to be a memorable experience. Treat your eyes to the mesmerizing view of the shadow of the lamps falling in the water of the river.
Return back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 3: Haridwar – Joshimath (276 km/ 8 to 9 hours drive)
On third day of your Auli Skiing tour, savor breakfast and drive to Joshimath. On your way to Joshimath visit Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Karnprayag.
Also referred to as Jyotirmath, Joshimath is the gateway to one of the sacred pilgrimage sites, Badrinath. Devprayag (confluence of two holy rivers- Bhagirathi and Aalknanada), Rudraprayag (Alaknanda meets Mandakini) and Karnpryag (Alaknanda is joined by Pinda river) are the three extremely popular, out of Panch Prayags.
Upon reaching Joshimath, check-in at a hotel and stay overnight
Day 4: Joshimath – Auli (16 km/ 2 hours drive)
Today morning have breakfast and straight away drive to Auli which is around 16km; one of the major Skiing destinations in Uttarakhand. Set in the snow-capped Garhwal Himalayas, Auli is a great destination for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. To reach Auli, you can also take the 3.9 km long cable car (longest in Asia) to reach the beautiful Auli Ski Resort. On reaching Auli, enjoy skiing with professional instructors present at the site. Stay overnight at Auli Tourist Bungalow.
Day 5: Explore Auli
This morning, step out to explore the scenic beauty of Auli and indulge in skiing. With all your skiing equipment, go ahead for experiencing skiing at its best. The Auli ski resort has one Poma lift (open cable car) and one chair car. You will be getting instructions from qualified instructors at the site. The perfectly set ski slopes of Auli offer a panoramic view of the high Himalayan peaks like Nanda Devi (7818 m).
Day 6: Explore Auli
Continue your skiing at the Auli Ski Resort. Ski through the most spectacular snow slopes of Asia and enjoy the view of snow capped peaks all around. Feel the excitement building up while you roll away in the snow. Overnight stay in Auli.
Day 7: Joshimath – Rishikesh (254 km, 7-8 hrs drive)
This morning you return to Joshimath. Seek blessings at Narsingh Temple- the winter of Lord Badri, this temple is otherwise dedicated to Lord Narsingh- 4th incarnation of Lord Vishnu- half lion and half human and Shankaracharya Math- a math eastablished by Adi Shankaracharya during the 8th century. Later, start driving back to Rishikesh. On reaching, check-in at the hotel. Have a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 8: Rishikesh – Delhi (230 km, 5-6 hrs drive)
Munch some healthy breakfast in the morning and then leave for a sightseeing tour of Rishikesh. Begin with a visit to Ram Jhulla and Laxman Jhulla- 2 popular suspension bridges over river Ganges; Sivananda Ashram- soak the serenity and simple lifestyle lead here; Triveni Ghat- the confluence of 3 holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati; Parmarth Niketan- a world-popular Ashram and Gita Kutir- another ashram popular for its meditation sessions. Later, start driving to Delhi. You will be transferred to the airport/railway station for further departure.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Delhi||01||Radisson Blu Paschim Vihar|
|Joshimath||01||Auli Ski Resort|
|Auli||03||Mountain rover resort|
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
– 07 nights hotel / ski resort / guest-house / camps / lodge accommodation as per the program.
– Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner.
– Daily transfers from the lodge to ski slopes
– Morning tea & Evening tea with cookies everyday
– Services of an expert trainer
– Ski equipment (Ski poles / Skis / Ski boots)
– Celebratory dinner on the last night
– State-of-the-art equipment to ensure maximum safety
– First aid kit
– All taxes.
– International Air Tickets.
– Any damage caused to equipment through misuse or loss of the same. In case of any of the above, the participant would have to bear the cost of replacing the same.
– Travel Insurance.
– Any cost arising due to unforeseen circumstances, such a bad weather, land slide, sickness etc.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.