It is impossible to explore the country in 6 days. But this tour covers main beauties of Azerbaijan, reveals its secrets and will let you feel specifics of local culture and enjoy local cuisine. We invite you to a trip full of unusual monuments and charming landscapes of this Caucasian country. Here you will be able to study the history of the country from its very first days up to now, and see with your own eyes how modern skyscrapers are neighbouring with narrow-street old quarters. Peculiarity of the tour is that you will spend practically every night in the capital city Baku, and every day travel to a new destination.
Day 01: Baku – arrival
Arrival in Baku. You will be met by our driver and transferred to the hotel. Check-in at noon. Start sightseeing tour in Baku. Visit Martyrs’ Lane, called ‘Shehidler Khiyabany’ among locals. When you walk through Martyrs’ Lane, you will find a beautiful view overlooking Baku’s coastline. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of 19-20th centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Pay a visit to Azerbaijan History National Museum and move to the old part of the city – Icheri Sheher. Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvanshahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent round-up to the city tour will be a visit to the richest bank of Azeri carpets – National Carpets Museum. In the evening, enjoy dinner at a traditional Azeri restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Baku – Absheron Peninsula – Gobustan – Baku
Today you will visit the area of the Greater Baku and Absheron Peninsula. Start with Gobustan National Park. Pay a visit to the Petroglyphs Museum and explore petroglyphs dating back to 10,000 BC. Continue to the mud volcanoes in Gobustan Reserve. Gobustan is home to almost half of the world’s mud volcanoes. Later drive to Ateshgah – a temple of fire worshippers located in Surakhany village. Zoroastrians travelled thousands of kilometers from India to Ateshgah to worship fire coming out of the earth. Continue to Yanardag Mountain, where natural gas has been burning for several thousands of years. Return to Baku. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03: Baku – Khinalug – Baku
Morning departure to the northern part of Azerbaijan – Quba region. Visit one of most ancient settlements in the country – Khinalug (210 km, 3-4 hours). The road to Khinalug is a picturesque mountain pass at an altitude of 2,000 m. Enjoy breathtaking landscape. People have been living in Khinalug for more than 5,000 years. Return to Baku. On the way back, stop at Quba mass grave, Sakina Khanum Mosque, medieval bath hammam, and carpet workshop. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Baku – Lahij – Sheki
In the morning, depart Baku and drive to Sheki. Stop on the way in Ven Dam village in Gabala (Qabala) province and explore ruins of ancient Caucasian Albania capital. Continue to Basqal village and taste local mineral water “Bado” there. Drive through the Girdimanchay River Canyon to visit Lahij, a 5th century place rich in its historic and architectural values. Lahij is an ancient village with charming eye-catching sidewalks inlaid with stones. It is famous for its medieval water supply and sewage systems, as well as traditional jewelry, copperware, carpets, pottery, daggers, and iron tools workshops. Continue driving to Sheki. Arrival in Sheki. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 05: Sheki – Kish – Shemakha – Baku
Check out from the hotel and start sightseeing tour in Sheki. Visit medieval fortress, Sheki Khans Palace (currently under the restoration, observation from the outside), history museum, handicrafts workshop, mosque-madrassah, and local bazaar. Depart to Kish village and see the first church in Caucasus (1 century) and Old Albanian castle. Drive to Shemakha. The town was the capital of Shirvan Empire in 8-15th centuries. Visit a residence of Shirvan Dynasty Gulistan fortress for the city’s defense in 11-12 centuries, which also served as the last refuge of Shirvan Dynasty. Continue to the Mausoleum of Addy-Gyumbez (“The Seven Domes”) with numerous burial places of Shamakhi governors, and Djuma Cathedral Mosque.
Continue driving to Baku. Arrive in Baku. Free time. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 06: Baku – departure
Check-out from hotel till noon. Transfer to Baku International Airport. End of the tour.
|Baku||03||Hyatt Regency Baku|
|Sheki||01||Sheki Saray Hotel|
|Baku||01||Hyatt Regency Baku|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.