Start and end in Grand Bahama Island! With the Diving tour Bahamas Tiger Beach Shark Safari, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas.
Day 01: Arrive Bahama Island
The boat will dock in and out of Old Bahama Bay Resort. Guests will fly in and out of Grand Bahama International Airport, (airport code is FPO). It is a 30 to 45-minute taxi ride to Old Bahama Bay and approximately. Boarding is at 4 pm on the 2nd and the yacht departs for its first anchorage at 6 pm so everyone must be onboard
Days 02 to 06:
We will carry out up to 5 dives each day on the best shark diving sites off the coast of Grand Bahama. The West End area of Grand Bahama. is rarely visited by guests and is home to many creatures – both large (sharks and dolphins) and small (grouper, snapper, assorted other reef fish). At least one day during the trip will be dedicated to a dive at the area know as “Tiger Beach” where we will try to attract sharks using a “scent triangle” filled with bait. Caribbean Reef sharks, Lemon Sharks and Tiger sharks are known to frequent the area, as well as the occasional Great Hammerhead and Bull shark. In recent years a large female Great Hammerhead know as patches has made this spot her favourite hang out. Tiger Beach is excellent for photography. Only 20 feet (7 metres) deep, with clear white sand to make for great lighting, you can stay down for a long time just watching the dozens of sharks swimming around you.
As well as Tiger Beach, there are some other cracking dive sites in the area that we will dive multiple times.
Fish Tales – Another great location for shark spotting: lemon, Caribbean reef, nurse and tiger sharks. Very close to Tiger Beach but a little deeper with the same shark action.
Lighthouse – Just off of West End, Grand Bahama Island, this is a great shark spotting point. You may find great hammerheads, tiger, nurse and lemon sharks; even bull sharks have been reported to pass by sometimes.
Sugar Wreck – This shipwreck is a 110 metres (330ft) steel vessel that sunk about 100 years ago, carrying molasses. It features the resident green moray eel, enormous schools of snappers, loggerhead turtles, octopus, and nurse sharks. As it sunk in shallow water; 7 metres (20ft), you will have plenty of time and opportunity to fully explore it.
Mt Olympus and Garden of Eden- The tops of the reef (or peaks of the mountains) are 40 feet / 13 metres deep, and the sides slope down another 50 feet / 17 metres to a sandy bottom. The sides have small caves, overhangs, and gullies with plenty of reef life and coral coverage, and having over a dozen Caribbean Reef sharks here is not uncommon.
El Dorado – another place for sharks, besides being a simply gorgeous reef in 45-70 feet of water; this shark dive can be one of the most exciting. Here you can see anywhere from ten to over twenty Caribbean Reef sharks.
White Sands Ridge, Bahama Banks
Hotspot for swimming, freediving and snorkeling with pods of wild Atlantic spotted and bottlenose dolphins. If the dolphins stay around, we may even get to dive with them. An experience not to be missed!
Every dive starts with a dive briefing from the yacht staff. However, as a certified diver, you and your buddy are responsible for planning and conducting your own dives within the limitations set forth by the briefing. The staff will be on the dive deck providing surface support for divers as well as staff in the water offering support, u/w photography and videography, and critter spotting services as well. On some dive sites a staff member will offer to lead a group and assist them in locating specific points of interest. However, they do not offer direct supervision of dives. If you start out with a group, as long as you and your buddy remain in contact with each other and are ok – you may follow your own dive plan.
Day 7: 1 or 2 dives
Day 8: Depart Grand Bahama Island
Disembark at West End at 8 AM.
|Grand Bahama Island||07||Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour,|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts, Lunch & Dinners
– All transfers as per program
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.