Azerbaijan’s beautiful towns which is snoozing among green pillows of forested Great Caucasus Mountains. This is a small city, located in Sheki- Zagatala region of Azerbaijan on the southern picturesque slopes of the Greater Caucasus Mountains range about 325 km away from Baku and not far from Georgian border. Being most popular tourist destination in Azerbaijan, Shaki has population of about 63,000 people. City has a rich history the real atmosphere of authentic Azerbaijani town can be discovered here. Despite the many historical and architectural attractions, tourists here also enjoy strolling along the narrow streets with tiny houses famous for their red tile and carved wooden gates.
Day 01: – Baku (Azerbaijan)
Arrival in Baku. You will be met by our driver and transferred to hotel for overnight.
Day 02: – Baku – city tour (Azerbaijan)
At 10:00, meet with guide and start sightseeing tour in Baku. Start at famous Heydar Aliyev Center, Congress center and Convention Center amazing examples of modern architecture and representation of new Baku. Visit Memory Alley – “Shehidler Khiyabany”, from where you can have a great panoramic view of Baku city. Continue touring new Baku and exploring architecture of XIX- XX centuries: Nizami Street, Fountain Square, Nizami Ganjavi monument, Rasul-Zade Street. Move to the old part of the city – Icheri Sheher. Visit Maiden Tower, Shirvan Shahs’ Palace, Caravanserai, and market square with numerous art studios and souvenir stalls. An excellent round-up to the city tour will be visit to the richest bank of Azeri carpets – National Carpets Museum. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: – Baku – Absheron Peninsula – Gobustan – Baku (Azerbaijan)
Today you will visit the area of the Greater Baku and Absheron peninsula. Start with Gobustan National Park. Pay a visit to the Petroglyphs Museum and explore petroglyphs dating back to 10,000 BC. Continue to mud volcanoes in Gobustan Reserve. Gobustan is home to almost half of world’s mud volcanoes. Later drive to Ateshgah – temple of fire worshippers located in Surakhany village. Zoroastrians from India travelled thousands of kilometers to Ateshgah to worship fire coming out of the earth. Drive to Yanardag Mountain with natural gas burning for several thousands of years. Return to Baku. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: – Baku – Lahij – Sheki
In the morning, depart Baku and drive to Sheki town. On the way, visit Diri Baba mausoleum in Maraza village. Continue to Shamakha and have a sightseeing of historical Juma Mosque, Yeddi Gumbez Mausoleum, and the Shirvan Shah’s family grave yard. Drive through Girdimanchay River’s canyon to visit Lahij, the 5th century place rich in its historic and architectural values. Lahij is an ancient village with charming eye-catching sidewalks inlaid by stones. It is famous for medieval water supply and sewage systems as well as traditional workshops making jewelry, copperware, carpets, pottery, daggers, and iron tools. Continue driving to Sheki. Arrival in Sheki for overnight.
Day 05: – Sheki – Zaqatala International Airport
Check out from hotel and start sightseeing tour in Sheki. Visit Sheki medieval fortress, Sheki Khans Palace, local History Museum, handicrafts workshop, mosque-madrassah, and local bazaar. Later transfer to Zaqatala International Airport for flight back to home.
|Baku||03||Hyatt Regency Baku|
|Sheki||01||Sheki Saray Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 04 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.