Start and end in Cotonou! With the Adventure tour Best Benin Explorer 9Days / 8Nights, you have a 9 days tour package taking you through Cotonou.
Embark on a 9-day adventure to discover the rich history and culture of Benin. On this trip, the natural beauty Benin has to offer, from the beaches on the Atlantic Coast in the south to the rugged scenery in the north and many more.
Day 01: Cotonou- Drabo- Jardin des Plantes
In the morning we will depart for the Sanctuary of monkeys at Drabo in Abomey Calavi, a managed forest where we will observe the Red-bellied monkey. The sanctuary is home to all the threatened forest plant species of Benin.
Back in the afternoon to Cotonou where we will have the lunch.
From Cotonou we will go to Porto Novo in “Jardin des Plantes” where we will see another kind of monkeys.
Overnight stay in Porto Novo.
Day 02: Porto Novo Gnanhouizounmè
Departure in the morning for Gnanhouizounmè sacred forest.
Practice of the circuit “Wogboto” that will plunge us into the heart of the culture of Wémènou, the village history and daily activities (fishing, basket weaving, and agriculture) of the population and the particular architecture of the houses in Gnanhouizounmè.
In Gnanhouizounmè sacred forest, we will have opportunity to observe the Red-bellied monkey, Tantalus monkey and Mona monkey. Gnahouizounmè is a dense flooded forest which is the refuge of a variety of wildlife species, especially threatened species as Red-bellied monkey, Sitatunga and Bush pig.
Overnight at Gnanhouizounmè
Day 03: Gnanhouizounmè – Kikélé
Early in the morning we will go to the forest to see the monkeys eating and drinking. For this it is better to go in early in the morning to be sure to see them.
Departure for Kikélé sacred forest it is a long way driving where we will arrive in night.
Overnight stay in Kikélé
Day 04: Kikélé
The tour will start here early in the morning.
We will discover the village and its history. We will spend all the day in the forest and come back at evening for overnight.
We will have opportunity to observe the tame White thighed colobus, a majestic monkey that local people consider as their ancestor. The Mona monkey could be also observed in the forest. The visitor will learn about several plants used by the population in traditional medicine.
Day 05: Kikélé – Natitingou
Departure after breakfast to Natitingou. It is a long way driving also the road is not good.
We will arrive at evening.
Overnight stay in Natitingou.
Day 06: Natitingou – Pendjari National Park
In the morning after breakfast we will drive to Pendjari National Park. It is the most important animal reserve in West-Africa. You can see many different animal like lions, elephants, antelopes, warthogs, buffalos…etc.
Overnight stay in the Park.
Day 07: Pendjari National Park – Natitingou
Early in the morning we will go back to observe the animals and in the afternoon we will go to the waterfall. Here you can swim and relax.
Back to Natitingou for overnight stay.
Day 08: Natitingou- Teneka
In the morning we will drive to Boukombe to visit Tata Somba with the Otammari people.
In the afternoon we will drive to Taneka for traditional dance of excision in Taneka.
Overnight stay in Taneka.
Day 09: Taneka – Cotonou – Departure
Today in the morning you will embark on a hiking adventure to discover old Taneka villages located on a mountain. The villages are made of roundhouses covered with conical roofs protected at their top by terra cotta pots. You will learn the history and culture of this ethnic group. In the mid-morning will go back to the hotel for early breakfast. We will drive back to Cotonou where you will be dropped at the airport.
|Cotonou||01||Golden Tulip Diplomate Cotonou|
|Pendjari NP||01||Hotel de la Pendjari|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 08 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle.
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.