Explore the best of England, Scotland and Wales on this tour of Great Britain. Revel in the rich history of Bath, Cambridge, York and Edinburgh. Discover Stonehenge, see Shakespeare’s hometown and enjoy intriguing city tours. Admire the enchanting views of the Scottish Highlands and the English Lake District. Tuck into hearty cuisine while travelling – the best Great Britain tours and holiday packages should include whisky tasting and a traditional Sunday roast! This Great Britain tour is filled with uniquely British travel experiences. Get ready to enjoy one of our top Britain tours!
Day 01: London – Cambridge – Yorkshire
Welcome to your tour of Great Britain! Today, you will fill your lungs with fresh, English countryside air, as you depart the city of London. Arriving in Cambridge, your first adventure will have you punting along the river in traditional style, taking in the stunning scenery and epic, historical buildings in the most relaxing way. The final stop for the day is York, a mecca for history buffs and lovers of fine architecture and culture. Your walking tour offers fascinating insights, stories and history of the city.
Day 02: Hadrian’s Wall – Jedburgh – Edinburgh
Your first stop of the day is the Angel of the North, a 20m-tall steel sculpture of an angel with wings measuring 54 metres across. Next stop, Hadrian’s Wall. Built by hand in 122 AD, it’s one of the most visited cultural landmarks in the UK. Not too far away lies the border town of Jedburgh. Famed for its links to royalty and historical warfare, you can explore the city and take in the amazing architecture. The Jedburgh Abbey ruins are highly recommended. As you journey through Scotland, relax and enjoy the beautiful landscape drifting past. The capital city is waiting, and your Expat Explore tour leader will introduce you to Edinburgh on an evening driving and orientation walking tour.
Day 03: Edinburgh: Free Day
Today, the city is yours to explore. Known as the cultural capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is blessed with stunning architecture, art galleries and memorials. Take a step back in time, and wander around the unchanged cobbled streets of the Royal Mile.
Day 04: Loch Ness – Whisky Distillery – Glencoe – Scottish Highlands
Just over halfway through your Great Britain tour, you are now heading north to the Scottish Highlands, where we offer you an optional excursion that could change your life! Embark on a 1-hour cruise of Loch Ness, home to ‘Nessie’ the Loch Ness Monster. Take in the impressive ruins of Urquhart Castle as you drift past. Once back on the road, spot Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain. Whilst in the region we will visit one of Scotland’s oldest, licensed whisky distilleries in Fort William for a distillery tour and whisky tasting. We will visit Glencoe – a spectacular Glen (deep valley) where the massacre of Glencoe took place in 1692, before continuing on to your hotel in the Scottish Highlands.
Day 05: Gretna Green – Lake District – Liverpool
You’re bound for Liverpool – home of The Beatles and two world-famous premier league football clubs! On the way, soak up the last of the Scottish landscape, before reaching the Lake District for lunch. Next stop, Liverpool in the late afternoon, where you will have the evening free to explore. Upon checking in at the hotel, head to one of the many local pubs for dinner. For Beatles fans, there are a myriad of locations that were significant to developing the world-class pop act, which shaped modern music as we know it. Liverpool inspired such timeless classics including ‘Strawberry Fields’ and ‘Penny Lane’. The Beatles played hundreds of shows at the Cavern Club, the perfect place to enjoy your time in Liverpool.
Day 06: Liverpool – Stratford-Upon-Avon – Wales
This morning, we will take a driving tour of Liverpool, where you will be shown the sights, before we venture on to the birthplace of William Shakespeare – Stratford-upon-Avon. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own. For those who wish to delve into the life of Shakespeare more intimately.
Day 07: Depart London
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|The Grand, York
|Destiny Scotland Distillers House
|Long Long Hotel
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.