Ten days is a good length for a trip to Jamaica and provides enough time to relax on the beach while also venturing beyond the sun and sand for a mix of adventure and culture. Highlights include the cliff-jumping and scrumptious food of Negril’s West End, the culture and nightlife of Kingston, the coffee plantations in the Blue Mountains, and the beaches in Portland.
Day 01: Arrive Montego Bay
Arrive at the airport in Montego Bay and check in for two nights stay.
Day 02: Montego Bay
Tour Rose Hall Great House in the morning, then spend the afternoon lazing at Doctors Cave Beach or try your hand at kiteboarding by Sea Castles in the afternoon, wind permitting.
Day 03: Montego Bay / Negril
Head west to Negril for cliff jumping on the West End or a splash at Brighton’s Blue Hole Mineral Spring by late morning. Head to Chill Awhile for lunch and soak up some rays before taking a sunset stroll down Seven-Mile Beach. Try Hungry Lion or Pushcart Restaurant and Rum Bar for dinner before checking out some live reggae music on the beach at night.
Day 04: Negril
In the morning, drive to Savanna-la-Mar and then turn inland to Mayfield Falls or Blue Hole Gardens. Spend the morning exploring the falls and gardens, then head over to nearby Paradise Park for horseback riding or a swim in the river followed by a picnic. Alternatively, grab a bite at Sweet Spice in Sav, then stop at Eldin Washington Ranch for Reggae Horseback Riding in the afternoon on the way back to Negril.
Day 05: Negril / Treasure Beach
Drive east to YS Falls in Middle Quarters for a splash in the river and an adrenaline-fixing zipline. Grab some jerk chicken at YS before heading to nearby Appleton Estate to sample Jamaica’s best rum. Continue on to Treasure Beach in the late afternoon to check in for the night and sample the conch soup and fried fish at Jack Sprat.
Day 06: Treasure Beach
Wake up with a dip at the beach in Great Bay before a mid-morning stroll to Back Sea Side. In the afternoon catch a canoe boat to Black River to spot alligators and birds or head straight to Pelican Bar, a one-of-a-kind watering hole and ramshackle fried fish joint built on stilts 1.5 kilometers (1 mile) offshore, for some snorkeling and Red Stripe. Cruise back to Treasure Beach for a second night.
Day 07: Treasure Beach / Kingston
Leave early for Kingston to get there by late morning, sightsee downtown with a visit to the National Gallery followed by a stroll along Ocean Boulevard and around Coronation Market. Stop by Liberty Hall or Culture Yard before heading uptown for lunch at Opa! or Chilitos. After lunch, take a tour at nearby Bob Marley Museum. Pick up some souvenirs and grab an ice cream at Devon House and prepare for a night out at a club or street dance.
Day 08: Kingston / Portland
Head up to the Blue Mountains before the late morning clouds roll in for a tour of Old Tavern Coffee Estate. Continue over to Portland to reach Port Antonio in time for an afternoon dip at Winnifred Beach.
Day 09: Portland / Ocho Rios
Depart for Ocho Rios, stopping at Firefly on the way to check out Noël Coward’s island digs. Lunch at Dor’s Fish Pot in Race Course or at Chris Café in Oracabessa and then head up to Mystic Mountain for a bobsled run and zipline tour through the canopy, or pet the sharks at Dolphin Cove. Take a late-afternoon dip and tube ride down the White River.
Day 10: Ocho Rios / Montego Bay
Get up and on the road early to beat the crowds for a climb up Dunn’s River Falls before heading west toward Montego Bay. Stop by Green Grotto Caves or Greenwood Great House on your way.
Day 11: Montego Bay
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Montego Bay||02||Castle Vue|
|Negril||02||Tensing Pen Resort|
|Treasure Beach||02||Lashings Hotel & Villas, Treasure Beach|
|Portland||01||Bay View Eco Resort & Spa|
|Ocho Rios||01||Columbus Heights Condominiums|
|Montego Bay||01||Castle Vue|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 10 Nights accommodation hotel.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.