Start and end in Pristina! With the In-depth Cultural tour Peja, Gjakova and Prizren tour from Pristina in five days, you have a 5 days tour package taking you through Pristina, Kosovo and 3 other destinations in Kosovo.
Wander through the Old Bazaar in Peja, admire the view from the fortress in Prizren, visit two UNESCO sites and learn more about the capital on this 5-day tour of Kosovo. This tour brings you to the most beautiful and important attractions of the country in only three days. All four cities have their own characteristics and charm – worthy of a visit.
Day 01: Arrive Pristina
Our professional office representative will meet at airport & transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Pristina – Decan – Peja
Our tour guide will come and pick you up at your hotel in Pristina at 9:00 am. Our first destination will be the Monastery of Decan. This one stands out for its white colour, but even more remarkable is the fact that Orthodox monks still inhabit the monastery and make fresh organic food there, such as cheeses. The monastery became part of UNESCO in 2004 because of its frescoes, which portray the lives of people during the 14th century as well as the Palaeologan renaissance that changed the way of Byzantine painting.
Our second destination for today is Peja. The city has one cultural UNESCO heritage site, the Patriarchate of Peja, located near the entrance of the Rugova Valley. This medieval Orthodox Monastery was built in the 13th century, having four churches in a beautiful red colour. You will get some free time around 12:30 on all three days of the tour to enjoy a delicious lunch and wander around by yourself till 14:00. After visiting the monastery, we will wander through the characteristic Old Bazaar of the city. Overnight in Peja.
Day 03: Peja – Gjakova – Prizren
In the morning, we will head towards Gjakova. The city has the oldest and largest bazaar of Kosovo. Even though, it got destroyed during the first Balkan wars, the second world war and the Kosovo war, the bazaar got rebuilt again to its old state and is a nice place to enjoy a meal or to take a look at the stores that sell traditional clothing and items. We will also visit the clock tower and the Hadum mosque. The latter was built in the 16th century and somehow managed to survive the wars. Nowadays it shows the beginning of Islamic architecture in the Balkans, covered in stunning arabesque decorations.
After Gjakova, we continue our tour towards Prizren. The city is considered to be the cultural capital of Kosovo, mixing its rich history, incredible nature, religious tolerance and gastronomic delights. Prizren has played an important role in the region as an Illyrian settlement and as a crossroad for the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, contributing to the unique architecture of the city. Don’t miss the unique experience of shopping in one of the many filigree shops of the town, where you are welcomed to also see the metalsmithing magic happen. The river flows through the heart of the old town and under the many bridges that crisscross the city. The best way to explore the town is by wandering through the streets passing by elegant medieval houses that fight for your attention. The view from the fortress on the hill above the town offers a great panorama of this astonishing town. Overnight in Prizren.
Day 04: Prizren – Pristina
Our last destination of this tour will be the capital of Kosovo, Pristina. Here we will make a city tour. Not to be missed is the Newborn monument, symbol of their independence and being a young new country. We will also visit the Cathedral of Saint Mother Teresa with its own clock tower. The National Library of Kosovo is a building that definitely stands out from the rest, consisting out of 73 white domes. The main boulevard in the capital, Sheshi Nena Tereza, is a nice street to stroll through and enjoy a delicious meal or coffee at one of the restaurants. Here we will also pass the Skanderberg square with the statue of Skanderberg himself, the national Albanian hero. We will visit the Old Bazaar in Pristina with nearby the ethnographic museum that shows the traditional Kosovar life. In the late afternoon, our tour of Kosovo will come to an end. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Depart Pristina
Departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Pristina||01||Swiss Diamond Hotel Prishtina|
|Prizren||01||Hotel Centrum Prizren|
|Pristina||01||Swiss Diamond Hotel Prishtina|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 04 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.