Best of Turkey by Land tour. Embrace the culture and history of Istanbul & Gallipoli, ride through the magnificent Aegean Coast and in-land wonders of Anatolia. Start your tour exploring the magnificent museums and mosques of Istanbul and then travel south along the Aegean Coast, capturing wonderful visions of ancient cities. After, we’ll head inland to experience the incredible natural marvels of fairy chimney formations in Cappadocia.
Day 01: Arrive Istanbul
Welcome to Turkey! At the Istanbul airport terminal keep your eyes peeled for the SGV sign for your transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Istanbul
After breakfast, we begin to experience the magnificence of Istanbul. We will stroll through the historical heart of the old city, making stops along the way to the Blue Mosque, Hippodrome, majestic Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia.
Day 03: Gallipoli
Today we depart for the shores of Gallipoli. A place of important significance for Aussies and Kiwis, we will visit the beach and cemeteries at ANZAC Cove, before paying our respects at memorial sites Chunuk Bair and Lone Pine.
Day 04: Troy, Kusadasi
You may of heard of Troy from Greek mythology or maybe just watched the Brad Pitt movie, but now you will visit the ruins and archaeological site of the city of Troy, and of course the famous wooden horse. Spend the afternoon in the the seaside town of Kusadasi.
Day 05: Ephesus, Fethiye
After breakfast, our first stop is the spectacular, well preserved ancient city of Ephesus. Ephesus was cited in the book of Revelations, and historians believe the Gospel of John was written here. Famed for the Temple of Artemis which was completed around 550 BC and is one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. In the afternoon we depart for Fethiye where we can explore the buzzing resort town.
Day 06: Fethiye,Saklıkent,Oludeniz
After breakfast we make our way to Saklikent, one of the deepest canyons in the world. We will then continue our journey to Oludeniz. Besides its spectacular beaches, glittering waters and breathtaking natural scenery, Oludeniz is also popular for its water sport. Here you can relax on the exquisite beach or join one of the adventure activities including paragliding and microlighting. Late in the afternoon we depart for our overnight stay in Fethiye.
Day 07: Fethiye, Dalyan, Fethiye
Our next stop is Dalyan, a small town situated along the south-western coast popular for its natural and unspoiled beauty. We will join a boat trip to visit the most popular mud bath in Turkey, and we then continue to Iztuzu beach, homeland of world famous Caretta Caretta turtles. After a fantastic boat ride we will reach Iztuzu sandbar with fine sand and turquoise sea.
Day 08: Fethiye, Pamukkale
It’s time to get your cameras out, because today is a photographers dream! Today we will visit Pamukkale, or ‘cotton castle’ in Turkish. Pamukkale is a natural site that contains hot springs and travertine, giving the appearance of terraces made by carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. Spend time bathing in its pools, or explore the natural and unusual landscape.
Day 09: Pamukkale, Cappadocia
In and around CappadociaToday we sit back and relax on the coach, as we head to Cappadocia. Watch the amazing Turkish scenery unfold before us and see small towns and villages as we pass on by. In the afternoon, we will visit Derinkuyu Underground City, a city complete with a church, wells, food stores, and even stables which is all located 60m under the ground.
Day 10: Cappadocia
Rise and shine, it will be an early start for our optional sunrise hot air balloon ride over the stunning landscapes and fairy chimneys of Cappadocia. Or if preferred enjoy a leisurely start to the morning before we all fill up on breakfast. We will explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Göreme, and tick off bucket list sights along the way including Göreme Musuem, Pigeon Valley, Uchisar and Cavusin. In the afternoon we will visit local handicraft manufacturers and learn about traditional art.
Day 11: Cappadocia, Ihlara, Istanbul
This morning we visit the dramatically beautiful Ihlara Valley before departing for Istanbul where we arrive late in the evening. On arrival transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12: Depart Istanbul
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to hotel.
|Istanbul||02||Radisson Blu Hotel|
|Kusadasi||01||Charisma De Luxe Hotel|
|Fethiye||03||Jiva Beach Resort|
|Pamukkale||01||Lycus River Thermal Hotel|
|Cappadocia||02||Suhan Cappadocia Hotel&Spa|
|Istanbul||01||Radisson Blu Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 11 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.