Starting and ending in Entebbe, the Best Of Uganda tour is a guided wildlife safaris and game drives trip that takes 10 days. You will travel through Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Murchison Falls National Park and 4 other destinations in Uganda.
Day 01 : Arrive Entebbe
On arrival at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda, you shall be welcomed by our representative and transferred to the hotel for overnight.
Day 02 : Drive to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary and Murchison Falls National Park
After breakfast, you will drive to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary where you will undertake a walking safari to view the Southern White Rhinos that have been re-introduced in Uganda. In the afternoon you will drive to the legendary Murchison Falls National Park – Uganda’s largest national park.
Day 03 : Morning game drive, afternoon River Nile boat cruise to Murchison Falls
After an early breakfast, we will undertake a morning game drive. This is a beautiful drive across savannah, Borassus Palm Forest and grassland down to Lake Albert where the Albert Nile River heads north. We drive in the open African savannah in search of Lions, Leopard, Hyena, Buffalo, Elephant, Jackson Hartebeest, Oribi, Waterbucks, Uganda Kobs, in addition to spotting various bird species such as the Secretary Bird, Black Chested Snake Eagle, Tawny and Marshal Eagles, Carmine and Swallow Tailed Bee-Eaters, and many more.
In the afternoon, we enjoy a boat ride up the Nile River to the spectacular Murchison Falls. We hike to the top of the falls and marvel as the Nile squeezes through a 7 metre gap, with enormous Nile Crocodiles basking at the bottom.
Day 04 : Drive to Kibale National Park
This morning you will drive to Kibale National Park. Along the way you will pass many tea plantations and have an opportunity to visit a tea plantation. We will also stop in Fort Portal and visit the Toro Palace. In the afternoon you will arrive at your accommodation.
Day 05 : Morning chimp trek, drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After an early morning breakfast, you will undertake a chimp trek. Note: the chimp permits are subject to availability – there are two slots in either the early morning (when they are often up in the trees feeding and more active) or at mid morning (when they often come down to take a nap as it is cooler on the forest floor and therefore closer and more relaxed). Both of these viewing slots are rewarding and interesting.
Kibale’s 795 sq km National Park contains one of the most beautiful and varying tracts of tropical forest in the whole of Uganda. This is home to 13 species of primate including chimpanzees. The park’s highest point is at 1590m above sea level. After lunch we will proceed to Queen Elizabeth National Park, and enjoy a game drive on the way to our lodge. Named after Her Majesty’s Queen Elizabeth of England, it is Uganda’s most popular and scenic game reserve. It stretches from the crater-dotted foothills of the Rwenzori range in the north, along the shores of Lake Edward to the remote Ishasha River in the south, incorporating a wide variety of habitats that range from open savannah, wetlands, crater lakes and rainforest.
Day 06 : Morning game drive, afternoon Kazinga Channel boat cruise
This morning we will have an early morning game drive. Queen Elizabeth National Park includes parts of Lakes Edward and George which are linked by the Kazinga channel. The park boasts the world’s highest bio-diversity rating with over 600 bird and 100 mammal species including lions, hippos, buffaloes, leopard, Spotted Hyena, elephants and the elusive Giant Forest Hog. The primates include Chimps, Black and White Colobus Monkeys, Blue, Black faced Red Colobus, and Red tailed monkeys and Olive Baboons. Lunch at the lodge will be followed by an afternoon Kazinga Channel boat cruise.
Day 07 : Drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, game drive in Ishasha enroute
After breakfast, you will be driven to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, passing through the Ishasha Sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park, famous for its tree climbing lions. Bwindi National Park is the habitat of half of the world’s Mountain Gorilla population and also home to chimpanzee, monkeys, elephants, small antelope and birdlife. Your accommodation tonight is located near Bwindi National Park.
Day 08 : Gorilla trek in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, drive to Lake Bunyonyi
A very early start for the short drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for your Gorilla trek. You will be taken to the Park Headquarters for a short briefing after which you will enter the forest and start your Gorilla trek (please note that a drive may be required to your trekking starting point). The trek can be anything from 2 hours to 6 hours or longer depending on the location of the Gorillas on the day. The terrain is rough, often over steep slopes covered with matted vegetation. You will be led by an experienced ranger who will tell you interesting facts about the flora and fauna and the lifestyle of the Gorillas. Be prepared for rain, mud and giant stinging nettles – long trousers, gloves and a waterproof jacket will help. The mountain gorillas have inspired travellers from all over the world to experience one of nature’s greatest interactions. Anyone who has witnessed the Mountain Gorillas of East Africa will strongly agree that it is a once in a lifetime experience that will never be forgotten. Afterwards we will drive to Lake Bunyonyi for overnight.
Day 09 : Drive to Lake Mburo National Park
This morning after breakfast we will depart Bwindi and drive to Lake Mburo National Park, the only park in Uganda with an entire lake. Here we enjoy a brief game drive along the way to your accommodation. Lake Mburo National Park forms a mosaic-like habitat with rocks, dry slopes, open and wooded savannahs, forests and swamps. These diverse habitats are home to 313 recorded bird species including Flame Head Barbet, Long-tailed Zitting Cisticola (Tabora), African Bins Rail, Collared Barbet and Binding Bush Singer.
Day 10 : Nature walk, drive to Entebbe, trip concludes
You will get up early morning for a guided nature walk before returning to the lodge for a hearty breakfast. Then you will drive to Entebbe. Time permitting you can stop for a photo opportunity at the Equator. Transfer to Entebbe Airport for flight back to home.
|Entebbe||01||Imperial Resort Beach Hotel|
|Kibale||01||Kibale Forest Lodge|
|Marafiki||02||Marafiki Safari Lodge|
|Bwindi||01||Trackers Safari Lodge|
|Lake Bunyonyi||01||The Kansiime Backpackers|
|Lake Mburo National Park||01||Rwakobo Rock|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Game drives and excursions as listed in itinerary
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.