All the cycling tours are fully supported by a van following the riders. If our riders are tried and wanted to travel in the car, you can do so whenever you want. Come, enjoy and experience the amazing riding tour in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan.
Opportunity to explore the country, people and pristine environment through bicycling.
Experience Bhutan’s peace, harmony with Mother Nature.
Appreciate the freshness of the air and peacefulness of the country.
Enjoy the majestic views under the clear and blue sky.
Discover some of the most sacred Buddhist sites in Bhutan
Explore the happiness of the country.
Explore and interact with the local people.
Day 01 Arrive Paro By Flight / Paro – Thimphu By Road (56 Kms. / 1 hr. appx.)
The flight into Paro on our national carrier, Druk Air, is a befitting introduction to the spectacular beauty of our country. In clear weather, magnificent views of the world’s highest peaks like Gangkar Puensum, give way to the lush green Paro valley as you land. Our guide will warmly welcome & greet you on arrival, and then drive you to the Paro Rimpung Dzong, the center of civil and religious authority in this region.
After this we will have lunch in Paro town. Then we will drive to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan. The drive will take about 1 hour and 30 minutes along the river valley, pass small villages and traditional farmhouses, through peaceful countryside. It’s a small & charming capital city located in the heart of the Himalayas. On reaching Thimphu, visit to Tashi Chho Dzong,seat of the national government and the Central Monastic Body, including the summer residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot of Bhutan) and stroll around Thimphu town. Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel, Thimphu.
Day 02 Thimphu (Cycling)
After our breakfast, we will do cycling to Buddha point and visit the Tallest Buddha Statue and then we will cycle through Kuenselphodrang via Depsi till Thimmphu. Then we will ride towards Sangayang and motithang minizoo and come back via Zilukha, giving the opportunity for the perfect view. We will enjoy the ride with views of Thimphu city, through the pristine environment, fresh air and other amazing sights. Lunch will be served at Thimphu.
After lunch we will ride towards Dodedra. Evening at leisure. Dinner and over night stay at hotel Thimphu.
Day 03 Thimphu – Punakha (Cycling)
Today ride begin climbing to Dochula pass where there will be height gain of 670m up the pass. After enjoying the stop at Dochula, then we will have downhill ride to the valleys of Punakhan and Wangdi Phodrang.
At Lobesa, we will visit to Chhimi Lhakhang, the temple of fertility and then the Punakha Dzong, the most beautiful dzong in Bhutan. After this we will ride till the Kabesa village, the viewpoint to Khamsum Yule Namgyel Chhorten. Dinner and overnight stay at Punakha/Wangdi Hotel.
Day 04 Punakha – Thimphu (Cycling)
After our breakfast, we will ride from the left side of Kuruthang town via hotel Pema Karpo and the ride back to Thimphu. Lunch will be served at Dochula pass.
After lunch continue the journey to Thimphu. Evening at leisure and dinner and over night stay at hotel Thimphu. After dinner, we will have the night sightseeing like Thimphu dzong, beautifully illuminating at the night. We may also visit to some night entertain clubs and enjoy with the locals with Bhutan whisky or Bhutan Beer. Be like a local.
Day 05 Thimphu – Paro (Cycling)
After the breakfast, ride back to Paro. Lunch will be severed at Paro. After lunch, you ride towards Drukgyel or in and around Paro valley. Evening stroll around Paro town. Dinner and over night stay at Paro hotel.
Day 06 Paro
we will make a hike to Paro Taktshang Monastery, the most famous and sacred monastery in Bhutan. Taktshang means “TigerNest” named after Guru Rinpoche reportedly flew to this site riding on the back of a flying tigress in the 8th century. We have to walk about 2hours and 30minutes up steep from the road end. The trail climbs through beautiful pine forest, many of the trees festooned with Spanish moss, and an occasional grove of fluttering prayer flags. Lunch will be served at Taktshang cafeteria.
While coming back, visit Kyichu Lhakhang, it is one of the two most sacred and the oldest temples in Bhutan, built in 7th century by Tibetan king Songtsen Gampo (the 33rd Tibetan king, who is also the manifestation of avoloketeshivara, commonly known to Bhutanese as Chenrize). Evening at leisure, dinner and overnight stay at Paro Hotel
Day 07 Depart Paro (By Flight)
After our breakfast, we will drive to Paro International Airport for your onward flight. Our guide and driver will bid you farewell here at the airport. We wish you a very safe and pleasant flight for your onward destinations.
|City||Night(s)||Hotels / Camps|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Bhutan Visa.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International / Domestic Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.