In this cycling tour, we would start from Gateway Of India, Mumbai; and would go past sun-washed beaches of coastal Maharashtra, unassuming villages, and thickly green hillsides before finally landing in Goa. The trip is designed to take you through the vibrant coastal side trails, rich in enthralling landscapes, local interaction, cultural experiences, monuments and temples. Besides seeing the real Maharashtra or real India at close quarters, we would also encounter a multitude of challenges, making this is a memorable trip for all ages.
Day 01 Arr. Mumbai By Flight/Mumbai – Dapoli By Road 220 Kms/5 hrs appx
On arrival in Mumbai the group is transferred by coaches to Dapoli. The transfer distance is approximately 220km which should take about 5 hours.
In the evening, we fit the cycles to our specifications and go on a familiarization ride, followed by event briefing and dinner.
Day 02 Dapoli – Chiplun Bike Ride 58 Kms. / 4-5 hrs. appx.
The first day of cycling is also the shortest cycling day of the challenge; we travel a distance of 58km approx through varying terrain of dense evergreen forested patches, farmland and mango orchards.
Day 03 Chiplun – Ganapatipule Bike Ride 85 Kms. / 4-5 hrs. appx.
Undoubtedly, some of the best coastal cycling of the entire challenge. From Guhagar onwards the route takes us mostly along the sea with lonely beaches, neat coves, fishing villages, Island forts, temples and markets to be seen during the ride. We have our first ferry crossing on this day at Jaigad. Although beautiful, it is by no means an easy day as the route is undulating throughout.
Day 04 Ganpatipule – Mithgavane Bike Ride 84 Kms. / 4-5 hrs. appx.
Today as we ride out of Ratnagiri, we cross the Gautami River at Puranagad before we make our way to our camp located on a small hill which is only half a kilometre away from the sea shore with a breathtaking view of the Arabian Sea. The route passes through paddy fields, coconut and beetle nut groves, all growing on the laterite soil that this region is so well known for. We will be staying overnight in cottage tents at an organic farm.
Note: – Only vegetarian food is served at the camp.
Day 05 Mithgavane – Devbag Bike Ride 87 Kms. / 5-6 hrs. appx.
Today will be the longest day of the challenge. Our route passes through the temple town of Kunkeshwar and coastal towns at Mithbav and Munage. After lunch, we will continue on our cycles to the resort at Devbag for a well deserved rest at one of the most beautiful beaches in Malvan, boasting picturesque views of the ocean right at the doorstep of our resort.
Day 06 Devbag – Goa Bike Ride 128 Kms. / 6-7 hrs. appx.
This is our last day in Maharashtra. We start early and make our way along the undulating coast passing the beaches of Vengurla and making our way to Terekhol River. Terekhol is the border of the states of Maharashtra and Goa.
Day 07 Goa
Relax at the beach.
Day 08 Goa – Mumbai By Flight
Morning after breakfast, transfer to the airport for flight to Mumbai.
On arrival, city tour of Mumbai.
Overnight in Mumbai.
Day 09 Mumbai – Home By Flight
In time departure for flight back home.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Dapoli||01||The Fern Samali Resort|
|Ganapatipule||01||MTDC Ganpatipule Resort|
|Devbag||01||MTDC Tarkali Beach Resort|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.