Sri Lanka, the ‘Teardrop of India’, is a collection of ancient and natural delights that will bedazzle visitors as you move from religious to monarchical to colonial sites. Left behind by Buddhism, Hinduism, the British, Dutch, Portuguese, and Indians these influences are seen throughout our trail of historical and cultural sites.
Day 01 Arrive Colombo
Welcome to Sri Lanka! We meet your flight and transfer to our accommodation in Negombo for a welcome dinner.
Day 02 Colombo – Mawanella
We transfer to fertile Mawanella to start our ride through coconut and rubber plantations. We climb up to and through the Balana Gap then ride down to the Royal Botanical Gardens for a short break. We end our day in the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage town of Kandy, home to the Temple of the Tooth.
Day 03 Dambulla
The Golden Temple of Dambulla, our second UNESCO Heritage site, is our destination today. This famous rock temple dates to the 1st century BC, and we explore the caves that sheltered King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile.
Day 04 Dambulla – Polonnaruwa
We pedal out of Dambulla and to the unique ancient 5th century rock fortress of Sigiriya (Lion Rock). We ride along the shores of Kandalama Lake with great views of Sigiriya, another UNESCO World Heritage site. We overnight in Polonnaruwa.
Day 05 Polonnaruwa
We head to Minneriya National Park for a jeep safari. The park is the habitat of wild elephants, which we may see. We cycle back to Polonnaruwa on a smooth tree-lined road through a forest reserve. We explore our fourth UNESCO World Heritage Site, Polonnaruwa, the 10th century capital.
Day 06 Polonnaruwa – Anuradhapura
After a transfer, we ride to Anuradhapura, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Considered sacred to Buddhists, we’ll see the Bo Tree said to have grown from a branch of the tree under which the Buddha gained enlightenment.
Day 07 Depart Colombo
After breakfast, transfer to Colombo for onward travels
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Colombo||01||Taj Samudra Hotel|
|Kandy||01||Earls Regency Hotel|
|Anuradhapura||01||Jetwing Vil Uyana|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Supply of refreshments Water, Juice, Cold Drinks, Sweets, Candies, Fresh Fruits, Muffins during the bike ride.
– All other services required during the BIKE RIDE.
– Farewell Gala Dinner.
– Accompanying English-speaking guide, assistant staff, marking staff.
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.