A trip to Bolivia isn’t complete without a visit to the Salar de Uyuni and this five-day tour gets you there quickly and efficiently. With a flight to the flats, you’ll have more time to explore the incredible landscapes and desert scenery that surrounds it. Gain a true appreciation for the region by staying overnight in a community-owned salt lodge complete with salt floors and furniture. It’s the best way to cross this destination off your bucket list.
Experience a lifetime’s worth of adventure as you explore South America’s favourite country- Bolivia!
Throughout, get a first-hand glimpse of the region’s rich history, get a taste of lively local life, shopping at colourful markets, party in modern cities, drink, laugh and dance the night away with your new friends.
Day 01: Arrival La Paz
Arrive at any time. Catch your breath before heading over to an English pub next to the hostel for a few cold ones with your fellow travellers. Get to know each other as you prepare for the adventure of a lifetime.
Day 02: La Paz/Salt Flats and Desert Crossing
Fly to Uyuni to embark on a three-day 4×4 excursion to the Salar de Uyuni. Get your camera ready because the endless white of the salt flats creates the perfect backdrop for mindbending photo ops. Take a guided walking tour to the top of the sacred Jukil mountaintop for sweeping valley views and a dinner prepared with local ingredients by local ladies. Settle in to your SGV Tours-supported community salt-brick bungalow — complete with salt floors and salt furniture.
Day 03: Salt Flats and Desert Crossing
Continue crossing the desert today, admiring the scenery while passing red and blue lagoons and intriguing rock formations along the route. Keep an eye out and you might spot wild llamas, alpacas, and even flamingos deep within the desert.
Day 04: Salt Flats and Desert Crossing /Uyuni
Get a head start on your day by rising early to cover more ground on your journey through the unique landscape of the Salar de Uyuni. Soak in the views of unimaginable scenery including volcanoes and salt lakes before boarding an overnight bus back to La Paz.
Day 05: La Paz
Arrive La Paz meet assist & transfer to hotel. Free time.
Day 06: La Paz
Depart at any time upon arrival to La Paz.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camp|
|La Paz||01||Grand Plaza La Paz|
|Uyuni||02||Hotel De Sal Luna Salada|
|La Paz||01||Grand Plaza La Paz|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 04 Nights accommodation.
– 01 Overnight bus from Uyuni to La Paz
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– 4×4 excursion to the Salar de Uyuni
– Internal flight
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.