The California Dreamin trip starts in San Francisco and ends in Santa Monica. It is an explorer tour that takes 8 days taking you through Muir Woods National Monument, Sonoma, Yosemite National Park and 4 other destinations in the USA.
California dreaming? The sunshine state keeps on giving on this unforgettable adventure that brings you all the bucket-list big hitters. Kicking off in the golden city of San Fran, you’ll journey to the Sonoma Valley for some wine tasting, hike and bike your way around Yosemite, then get festival ready, with poolside parties in Palm Springs, or get your tickets to head deep into the Colorado desert for one of the biggest music festivals in the world! This sun-drenched road trip will plaster a smile on your face for years to come.
Day 01: San Francisco to Sonoma via Muir Woods
Welcome to San Fran! We’ll meet and greet today in the Golden City before heading somewhere a little more tranquil…Is there a more majestic sight in nature than a redwood tree? These giant natural cathedrals – which can be up to 3,000 years old – take the breath away up close. We’ll journey into Muir Woods to picnic in their towering shadows, before heading into wine country.Up for a tipple? Sonoma is a world-class wine-growing region, so touring a winery and taking a tasting is a no brainer. After comparing drops it’s time to head to our sweet digs for the night, The Sandman, with its heated pool surrounded by a fence of redwoods. Impressed? You should see what’s in store tomorrow.
Day 02: Sonoma to Bass Lake
Rise and shine – we’re headed out of wine country and into what can only be described as a mountain paradise.This afternoon youll become enamored with the tranquility of Bass Lake. You could opt to stand up paddleboard or kayak on the sparkling waters. Later on, kick back and enjoy the view from the chalet deck – it is nothing short of spectacular. Take a dip in the pool, warm up in the jacuzzi and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Day 03: Bass Lake via Yosemite
Thought the scenery couldn’t get any more spectacular? Think again.We’re headed to the most iconic National Park in the world: Yosemite. Here, amongst the towering sequoias, cascading waterfalls and winding trails we’ll fall in love over and over again. Hike, bike or invest in some shinrin-yoku time (forest bathing), before heading to the iconic Yosemite Falls. Mother nature has never looked so good, and our eyes have never been wider.
Day 04: Bass Lake to Palm Springs
Full drive day with the idyllic Palm Springs as your reward. Travel through the San Joaquin Valley, the source of a large amount of the agriculture for the world’s 7th largest economy – the state of California.
Day 05: Palm Springs
Let the Coachella festivities begin! (tickets not included) Even if you’re not going to go to the festival, Palm Springs itself is one big party during the month of April. Spend the next few days hopping between pool parties, strolling the streets of downtown Palm Springs and shopping up a storm.
Day 06: Palm Springs
Today is all yours, soak up the sun and festival vibes poolside at The Palm Mountain Resort, head out to explore the Palm Springs. Or if you’ve got yourself tickets – shuttle into the desert for the main event: Coachella. You will need to get your own tickets to Coachella as they are not included.
Day 07: Palm Springs
Rinse and repeat; it’s another day in paradise. Try another hotel pool party, head out to Coachella (tickets not included), or kick back and soak up the all American rays.
Day 08: Palm Springs
After a late check out and a much needed and well-deserved brunch, we’ll head into Santa Monica, where your trip ends on arrival.
|Santa Monica||01||Santa Monica Motel|
|Sonoma||01||Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa|
|Bass Lake||02||The Pines Resort|
|Palm Springs||03||La Maison Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.