Hop on 7 days adveture to discover the spirit of caravans by joining our expericed guides born with sand in their eyes and having grown up in this infinite sea of sahara. They will offer you both protection and security while making you live unforgettable moments behind the scenes worthy of those of a film such The Queen of the Desert, under a clear starry sky where the Milky Way seems close at hand.
Day 01: Arrival
Upon arrival you will meet our driver and guide at the airport to welcome you, you will transfer to your hotel for accommodation
Day 02: Bir El Haj
Transfer in a private 4wd vehicle to Bir El-Haj (desert door). Arrival, meet the camel drivers and start of the caravan. Setting up tentmms in another world … in the middle of nowhere where silence will be king. Light the wood fire with the team of camel drivers and prepare dinner in a Bedouin atmosphere. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 03: Start of the Caravan
Wake up gently with the first rays of the sun. Light the fire to prepare the sand loaf and have breakfast. Beginning of the caravan and departure to our campsite for the second night. A hike at your own pace for two or three hours during which you will enjoy the landscapes. Whenever you feel tired, your faithful friend, the dromedary will lower itself to transport you.
Stop for lunch at mid-afternoon. Continue for 2 hours of walking between the dunes before sunset. you will set up the tent tents in the middle of the desert where the only noise you will hear will be the songs of the camel drivers and their stories.
Day 04: El Biben (Sand dunes)
Once the first rays of the sun penetrate your tents you will be woken up with a head already full of memories of the previous evening and a smile drawn on your faces. (Faces that will be full of sands). The camel drivers would have already lit the fire and prepared the table for a delicious breakfast. Our daily program will start and we will follow the rhythm of our camels….
continue to El Biben, where you will set up the tents, Saharan vigil and overnight in peace.
Day 05: Towards Zmela (Zmela means the big dune)
With the first rays of the sun caressing you, you will wake up with a smile on your face. You will have taken the rhythm and learned the morning habits of the camel drivers: install breakfast on the dunes, prepare the sand bread and meet around the fire to eat. Like every day, a well-defined pace of walking in the footsteps of dromedaries, except that today it will be a little faster to finally reach the camp and enjoy a good shower. Towards sunset you will arrive at Zmela camp, located in a sublime setting between the fine sand dunes, you will return to your tent, take your showers and your dinner and enjoy a Saharan evening.
Day 06: The hot spring and the Troglodyte village
After breakfast, you will leave the camel drivers who will take the road back and get in a 4wd. Our first stop will be at the oasis of Ksar Ghilane to enjoy the free time between the palm trees and a swim in the hot spring. Possibility of the quad bike ride in the dunes (extra and paid on-site). Continue to the famous village of Matmata, this troglodyte village par excellence with a photo stop at the Berber village of Tamazret. Arrival in Matmata and homestay where we will be greeted by good rosemary tea, olive oil, and honey offered by our host. Typical midday meal with the locals. After the meal return to the departure city (Djerba – Tunis, and Tozeur)
Day 07: Departure
Free day and transfer to the airport according to flight schedules.
|Djerba||01||Hasdrubal Thalassa & Spa|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.