Get a snapshot of beautiful Albania with a tour from modern Tirana to the Ionian Sea. In just over a week, you’ll take in many of the country’s best highlights: see ancient ruins in Butrint National Park, stroll the seaside promenade of charming Sarandë, and tour multiple UNESCO World Heritage Sites along the way. End your journey with a fun night out in Blloku, one of the capital’s hippest neighborhoods.
Day 01: Arrival in Tirana
Arrive in Tirana, at Tirana International Airport. Depending on your flight time, meet-assist & transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Shkodra – Kruja
Today you’ll leave for Shkodra, a town on the Montenegro border. This town is a symbol of harmony between all the coexisting religions in Albania, and you’ll see Catholic, Orthodox Muslim, and Bektashi monuments while there.
Next, head to Kruja, the hometown of Skanderbeg, a 15th-century national hero who fought the Ottoman Empire. Visit the Skanderbeg Museum, where you’ll learn more local culture, lifestyle, family traditions, and the legend himself. Afterward, browse the old market located on a charming square with cobbled streets, ideal for souvenir shopping.
Day 03: Ardenica – Vlora
Spend your morning in Ardenica, touring the last operating Orthodox monastery in Albania. Its well-preserved frescos and spectacular views all the way to the sea make this a popular destination.
Next, travel to Fier to visit the archaeological site of Apollonia. A former massive antique city, Apollonia is the country’s largest archaeological park. Marvel at the surviving structures, like the Bouleterion, theater, Odeon, and the library where the emperor Octavius once studied. Stop for the night in Vlora, where Albanian independence was declared.
Day 04: Butrint National Park – Saranda
After breakfast, start your journey along the Ionian coast. The drive will take you through the charming village of Himare, with a stop at the Ali Pasha of Ioannina castle on the way. In the afternoon, take an archeological tour of Butrint National Park and enjoy its riches—you’ll have Greeks and Byzantine ruins to explore, along with nature trails and beautiful views. Arrive in Sarandë in the late afternoon, where you’ll stay the night near its beautiful seaside promenade.
Day 05: Gjirokastra
In the morning we continue our journey in the direction of Gjirokastra—the “Stone City.” Enjoy a guided tour of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, including the city’s castle and the Skenduli House, a famous example of the region’s architecture.
Day 06: Berat
Today you’ll visit another UNESCO-listed site: the historic city of Berat. Nicknamed the “City of A Thousand Windows,” Berat is known for its characteristic architecture, and you’ll be charmed by its white houses and steep streets on a walking tour. Stops include the castle, a number of mosques, the Onufri Museum and the Ethnographic Museum.
Day 07: Tirana
Return to vibrant Tirana for your last full day in Albania. Explore at your leisure, discovering the city’s iconic sites. A visit to the National Museum located near Skanderbeg Square provides an excellent introduction to Albanian history. In the evening, enjoy the nightlife of the capital in the district of Blloku. Once reserved for the elite of the communist regime, Blloku is now a trendy neighborhood where you can have a drink or find a nice restaurant to relax in your last day.
Day 08: Departure from Tirana
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Tirana||01||MAK Hotel Tirana|
|Vlora||01||Hotel Vlora International|
|Saranda||01||Santa Quaranta “Premium Resort”|
|Berat||01||Hotel Colombo Berat|
|Tirana||01||MAK Hotel Tirana|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.