Start in Berlin and end in Frankfurt-am-Main! With the In-depth Cultural tour Classic of Germany (Classic, 10 Days), you have a 10 days tour package taking you through Berlin, Germany and 11 other destinations in Germany.
Be captivated by the old world charm of Rothenburg and Neuschwanstein, the mountain scenery of Bavaria and the amazing re-birth of Dresden to its former Baroque splendour.
Day 01: Welcome to Berlin
On arrival at Berlin’s Branderburg Airport, transfers to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: The Spirit of Berlin
Join a Local Expert to see some of Berlin’s many highlights. Travel along the Ku’Damm past the Memorial Church. Drive through the Tiergarten to see Norman Foster’s glass dome that crowns the reconstructed Reichstag building. Continue with a visit to the Brandenburg Gate, a symbol of the reunification, and down long the Unter den Linden, past the Humboldt University and State Opera. Stop on Museum Island before enjoying a day at leisure in this once divided city. Perhaps take the opportunity to visit the glorious palace of the Prussian Kings at Potsdam?
Day 03: Dresden, a Baroque Phoenix on the Elbe
In Dresden, join your Local Expert to see the splendours of the city. From the Frauenkirche, which has risen again from the destruction of World War II, walk past ‘The Procession of the Princes’, a mosaic of colossal proportions on the Royal Palace facade. See the enormous cathedral, Semper Opera House and Baroque Zwinger Palace. Although the town was heavily bombed in World War II, it still remains a treasure trove of early German history and medieval architecture.
Day 04: Nuremberg and the Bavarian Capital of Munich
In the morning, depart Dresden and travel south to Nuremberg for a stop to take in the former rally grounds. Continue on to the vibrant city of Munich. Enjoy a city orientation that will show you the university, Victory Arch and the Marienplatz, where crowds gather at the Town Hall to watch the antics of the Glockenspiel.
Day 05: The Jewels of the Bavarian Alps
In the morning, travel to Neuschwanstein: Ludwig II’s fairytale castle spectacularly perched on an Alpine mountainside. A local historian will guide you through the extravagantly decorated apartments, including the Throne Room and Lohengrin Grotto. Continue along part of the Alpine Road amid beautiful scenery to the Wieskirche, a masterpiece of Bavarian Rococo. Journey onto Oberammergau in the Bavarian Alps, home of the Passion Play since 1634. See the immense theatre and colourfully-painted chalets. Return to Munich and savour a Farm-to-Table Highlight Dinner, sourced from fresh local ingredients.
Day 06: Into the Black Forest
Explore Munich with Insight Choice. Choose between joining a Local Expert for a foodie walking tour in the city centre visiting the famous Viktualienmarkt and Marienplatz or alternatively, go on a guided bike tour in the beautiful English Garden and see the famous Munich surfers. Take a delightful drive into the Black Forest as you make your way to Freiburg.
Day 07: Medieval Rothenburg ob der Tauber
The Black Forest is the land of cherry cake and cuckoo clocks, where traditional farmhouses dip their thatched roofs almost to the ground. Stop to meet the locals who still make cuckoo clocks by hand, a tradition passed down over 300 years. Venture to Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the best-preserved town on the Romantic Road. Plunge back into the 16th century during your orientation with your Travel Director as you walk through narrow cobbled streets lined with high-gabled houses to the market square, dominated by its Renaissance town hall. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure for further exploration on your own. For your Dine-Around Evening, choose from a hand-picked selection of restaurants within the walls of the Old Town.
Day 08: The University City of Heidelberg and Mainz
Head through the valleys, where villages and isolated farms nestle beside fast-flowing streams, before travelling north to Heidelberg. Visit Heidelberg Palace, or Heidelberger Schloss in German, one of the world’s most impressive palace ruins, synonymous with the Romantic Movement. Venture inside to see the Heidelberg Tun, a gigantic wine vat built into the building’s cellar in 1591 and able to hold 130,000 litres. Hear its associated tales of the dwarf court jester, Perkeo. Spend time in the vast and insightful Apothecary Museum, before marvelling at the panoramic vistas of the city and Neckar Valley from the castle fortress. Your hotel is in the nearby town of Mainz, a bustling and important town since the time of the Romans. Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director and see half-timbered houses and medieval market squares that the city is known for.
Day 09: Castles of the Rhine Experience
Begin the day with a relaxing cruise past steep-sided vineyards, half-timbered taverns, hilltop castles and the infamous Lorelei Rock. Arrive at Boppard and continue to Koblenz where a gigantic equestrian statue of Wilhelm I guards the junction of the Rhine and Moselle. Have your camera ready as you return along the eastern bank. Enjoy the scenic views from the mighty Niederwald Monument.
Day 10: Depart Frankfurt
Departure transfers to Frankfurt airport for flight back to home.
|Berline||02||Crowne Plaza Berlin City Centre|
|Dresden||01||Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski Dresden|
|Nuremberg||01||Holiday Inn Nürnberg City Centre|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 09 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.