The Cocos Islands are the perfect tropical paradise – a ring of dozens of pristine islands covered in palm tress and white, sandy beaches surrounding a protected blue lagoon filled with spectacular snorkelling amongst a kaleidoscope of fish, turtles, reef sharks, coral-clad shipwrecks and even dolphins and manta rays! On this tour we’ll exclusively charter boats to get you to the best snorkelling spots (including ‘the rip’) in private – giving you plenty of time to explore, photograph and enjoy, We’ll also take you in our own mini bus to experience Cocos Keeling’s highlights at the best times of day including quiet beachside BBQs at sunset photographing those silhouetted palm trees, champagne breakfasts and even exploring uninhabited islands from a private fleet of self-drive motorised canoes!!
Day 01: Christmas Island to Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Definitely try to get a window seat for this short flight between Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands – the view is sure to astound you. Watch the frigate birds soaring in the thermals below, giving you one final goodbye as you farewell the emerald green paradise of Christmas Island. After a short 2hr flight over the Indian ocean you’ll start to catch a glimpse of the flat horseshoe pattern of the 27 coral islands that make up the Cocos (Keeling) Islands group. You’ll notice the rows of planted coconut palms, the endless white sandy beaches and tropical coral reefs from above before landing on West Island. Once we have our bags, we’ll literally roll them across the road to our accommodation at the well-appointed Cocos Village Bungalows (cocosvillagebungalows.com). But don’t unpack just yet – we have organized a relaxed dinner and welcome drinks to begin our stay in this unique tropical paradise! What a way to begin!
Day 02: West Island & Direction Island
After a quick breakfast at the Bungalows we’ll be splitting into two groups, with half of us off to explore Direction Island on our exclusive boat trip, while the other half experience the wonders of West Island on our driving tour. Don’t worry, the groups will swap over this afternoon so you’ll get a chance to enjoy both activities today.
Our exclusive boat will pick us up from West Island and deliver us over to Direction Island, rated Australia’s best beach for 2016! You’ll quickly understand why. This truly is a remote paradise with endless sweeping beaches, coconut palms and crystal clear water. On the Southern tip of the Island lies our favorite snorkeling spot, locally known as the ‘rip’. You literally jump in at one end and the gentle current drifts you past colorful corals, tropical fish and maybe even a few harmless reef sharks (if you’re lucky!). Don’t bother about swimming back, just let the reef slowly take you back into the lagoon and back to the beach. You can walk up to the start of the ‘rip’ and go again if you’d like! Once you have coasted the ‘rip’ a few times, we’ll cruise out to the lagoon, keeping our eyes out for dolphins, manta rays and Kat, the resident (and affectionately named) dugong, before stopping at an old ship wreck lying in relatively shallow water. Here you’ll be able to jump in and witness the kaleidoscope of corals and fish that have taken over the wreck. We’ll be back by lunch time to swap with the other half of the group who will have spent the morning exploring West Island on the driving tour. So, after lunch we’ll tag team and do the same! We’ll visit ‘The Barge’ gallery which is literally and old barge that has been restored by a resident artist and turned into an art gallery. Pretty cool! We’ll also visit the clam farm where vibrant blue and purple clams are being sustainably farmed for fish tanks around the world. This is one of the best opportunities to photograph their brilliant colours up close. Next is a stop off at the water hole, which is a good opportunity for bird spotting, before visiting a few different beaches to photograph the hermit crabs, surf and incredible coconut palms.
Tonight we have organised sunset drinks and a BBQ dinner at Trannies Beach, a sublime to spot to watch the sunset! Make sure you bring your camera gear as you’ll find the classic ‘tropical paradise postcard’ shot here with coconut palms outstretched along the beach, silhouetted by the sunset. Just stunning! [CLOSE]
Day 03: Canoe and Snorkelling
This morning we’ll be on the motorized canoes as we explore the Southern Islands in the Cocos (Keeling) Islands group. Starting from Canoe Beach we’ll motor over to Pulau Blan Madar where we’ll enjoy a scrumptious breakfast and an opportunity to photograph literally thousands of hermit crabs. After breakfast we’ll make our way around to the point of South Island, passing so many turtles on the way that if you didn’t get a perfect shot of one yesterday you’ll get a great second chance! The historical WWII sights on the South Island are fascinating to stop off and explore before we head back to the canoes and motor around to the next great spot on South Island. Here you’ll be able to enjoy a paddle, snorkel or short walk and photograph the idyllic secluded beaches and arching palm trees. Soak it all in while our guide husks a coconut for everyone to try. Told you this was paradise! We’ll then motor over to Pulau Maria where we will snorkel the ‘little rip’. There is so much to see as the water currents take you gently around the island – you won’t even have to try and swim!
Tonight we’ll catch the sunset at Canoe Beach and have a final farewell dinner. What a fitting way to celebrate what has been an amazing tour exploring the very best that Cocos (Keeling) Islands have to offer!
Day 04: Fly home
Check in for this morning’s flight opens at 6:30 AM so it’ll be an early start to be packed up and checked out by this time. There is a bakery café at the airport where we can grab a breakfast treat while we wait for our flight to depart and take us back to the hustle and bustle of our busy lives.
|Cocos||03||Cocos Village Bungalows|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 03 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All activities are included as per mentioned
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.