The Comoros islands are wrapped in a fragrant blend of ylang-ylang oil, Arabic aesthetics, African warmth and French chic. Not only this, but they have a colourful history of sultans and soothsayers, plantation owners and eloping princesses.
Our tour now includes an extended stay at the excellent Laka Lodge. Located on the beautiful island of Mohéli we were very impressed with the lodge’s accommodation and the National Marine Park location. With comfortable beach front bungalows, good food and service and the most amazing of settings we know our travellers will be equally impressed. Why not ask us about a tailormade itinerary, with a longer stay on Mohéli.
We visit the three islands of Grande Comore, Anjouan and Mohéli, exploring charming local villages and beautiful beaches, with plenty of optional excursions on offer from whale-watching to hiking through rainforests to climbing a volcano. Or simply relax and let the easy charm of the Comoros Islands work its way into your soul.
Day 01: Arrive Moroni
Arrive in Moroni, capital of the Comoros Islands. The rest of the day is free to relax after your long flight or explore the town. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Full Day Exploration of Grande Comore
Full day tour of Grande Comore with private car/driver and English speaking guide, including visits to Mitsaniouli village, a Ylang-Ylang plantation, Lac Salé (salt lake) and Chomoni with its excellent beach. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Anjouan
Transfer to the airport for the short flight to Anjouan. On arrival you will be met and taken on a guided tour of the island, widely accepted as the most beautiful of the three islands which make up the Union of the Comoros. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Anjouan
A free day to simply relax or independently explore the island’s capital, Mutsamudu. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Moheli
Morning transfer to the airport for the flight to Mohéli. Depending on the airlines’ schedule a connection may be required in Moroni. On arrival you will be met and transferred to Laka Lodge, a small and intimate resort with its own beach. There are a number of optional excursions available including trips to some of the smaller islands nearby, and evening visits to watch turtles lay their eggs in the sand. Overnight at hotel.
Days 06: Moheli
Two free days to enjoy this beautiful island. We have not pre-arranged any sightseeing or activities as Mohéli is very easy to explore independently or optional excursions can be arranged directly with the lodge. Relax and enjoy the different pace of life and meet the friendly local people. If you are feeling a little more energetic, you can arrange a guided hike across the island on tracks of virgin rainforest. Alternatively you can cycle around the island, on virtually empty roads. Then of course there are the beaches. Two of the most beautiful are Sambadjou and Nioumachoua. You can also snorkel to discover the rich marine life or even go whale and dolphin watching. Finally at certain times of the year you may be lucky enough to see giant turtles lay their eggs at night on Itsamia beaches. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Moroni
Return to Moroni with free time to explore this charming town further. We stay at a resort a few kilometres out of town, with its own private beach. Another chance to soak up the sun and swim in the clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean. Overnight Royal Itsandara Hotel or similar.
Day 09: Free day in Moroni or Mt Karthala climb
Today you have the option of leaving Moroni for a climb to the summit of Mt Karthala (2,361m). Although it is possible to do the climb in just one long day, we recommend that you camp at the summit in the crater itself and return the next day. For those not wishing to make the climb, you will have today and the next day to relax or perhaps enquire locally about the options to dive. Overnight at hotel/camping.
Day 10: Moroni
Your last day in the Comoros to either relax and unwind or take the opportunity to explore more of Grande Comore. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11: Moroni
|Retaj Moroni Hotel
|Golden Tulip Grande Comore
|Al Amal Hotel
|Le Relais de Singani hotel
|Retaj Moroni Hotel
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 10 Nights accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Camping equipment (for Mt Karthala climb)
– Domestic flight:-
– Moroni to Anjouan
– Anjouan to Moheli
– Moheli to Moroni.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.