Start and end in Antananarivo! With the Adventure tour Cultural and natural wealth of Madagascar, you have a 11 days tour package taking you through Antananarivo, Madagascar and 5 other destinations in Madagascar.
Let’s discover the cultural and natural wealth of Madagascar by riding the famous Southern Road. You will visit the mystical environment of Lake Tritriva, the highlands and the picturesque landscape Malagasy Far west , the Ranomafana National Park :which is home to endemic fauna and flora, including the very unusual golden bamboo lemur, the National Park of Isalo : famous for its endangered birds and natural swimming pools, and Ifaty : a stay at the seaside, with a fine weather all year.
Day 01: Arrive Antananarivo
Reception at Ivato Antananarivo airport and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: Antananarivo – Antsirabe (3h45 – 171 km)
Departure for the road towards the South, the RN7. Stop at Ambatolampy, 73km from Antananarivo, to discover the workshops of pots and aluminum kitchen utensils manufacturers. Continuation to Antsirabe. We can admire the beautiful landscapes of the Highlands all along the road : sumptuous valleys, small villages, and rice paddies will fascinate you. Arrival in Antsirabe, the spa town, and the first industrial center of Madagascar. It produces two of the most famous brands of beer in the Island. In the afternoon, visit of the mythical Lake Tritriva, one of the most mysterious places in Madagascar. This ancient crater is a site in which two lovers would have drowned themselves because of forbidden marriage, and then they reincarnate as branches intertwined with two neighboring trees coming out of a bank rock. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03: Antsirabe – Ranomafana (6h – 230 km)
Departure towards Ranomafana. All along the road, we will appreciate the beautiful traditional houses, typical of the highlands. Arrival in Ambositra after 2 hours, workshops visit of the most famous Malagasy artisans; their know-how in marquetry and woodcarving better known as “art zafimaniry”, are so sublime that one can leave the city of Ambositra only after buying their product as a souvenir. After the lunch, continuation to Ranomafana. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 04: Ranomafana – Fianarantsoa (1h30 – 60km)
In the morning, visit of Ranomafana National Park which is part of the Atsinanana humid forests and therefore, registered in the World Heritage Sites of UNESCO. This tourist site is crossed by 25 rivers and is home to a great diversity of fauna and flora, some of which is the rare golden hapalemur, an endangered species. In the afternoon, continuation to Fianarantsoa. Visit of this city and its monuments, among which about fifty religious édifices. It also gained wide reputation thanks to its vineyards, it is the only producer of wine (white, red, rosé and gray wines) in Madagascar. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 05: Fianarantsoa – Ranohira (6h – 285km)
Continuation of the road towards Ranohira. After 60 km, stop at Ambalavao to visit an Antemoro papermaking workshop which is a local handicraft specialty based on avoha, a fibrous bark. 15km further south, visit of the Anja village reserve which is a park created by the inhabitants of this place rich in biodiversity. We can observe the particular makis catta lemur. Continuation to Ranohira with a fascinating crossing of a new type of landscape, that of the Far West of Madagascar. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 06: Ranohira
Day dedicated to the visit of Isalo national park. This ruiniform massif is a 80 000 ha protected area. It is above all the habitat of numerous species of fauna and flora scattered throughout the reserve. Apart from reptiles and lemurs, 77 species of birds live there, which 70% are endemic. Hiking in the canyons, and swimming in natural pools will also be in the program. For the more athletic, possibility to visit the reserve by bike (optional). Towards the end of the afternoon, admiration of the sunset through the Isalo Window, an opportunity to take some pictures postcard landscape. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 07: Ranohira – Ifaty (6h – 265km)
Departure to Ifaty. Crossing of the Mahafaly plateau and its many tombs surmounted by Aloalo (carved wooden posts). The Mahafaly tomb is a funerary art with representative drawings of the deceased’s life. Appreciation of baobabs in the beautiful scenery of the Great South spectacular landscape, then stop for a visit of Antsokay arboretum which is the perfect place for flora lovers since there are about 900 plant species, which 90% are endemic. Arrival in Ifaty in the afternoon, it is the quintessence of the trip to Madagascar for seaside tourism enthusiasts: sun throughout the year, marvellous beach, quad bike ride by the sea, canoe trip, water sports, Overnight at the hotel.
Day 08: Ifaty
Free stay. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 09: Ifaty
Free stay. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 10: Return flight from Tuléar to Antananarivo
Transfer to the airport and return flight to Antananarivo. Reception and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 11: Antananarivo – International return Flight
Visit of the dike craft market. Transfer to the airport for International Return flight.
|Ranomafa||01||Hotel Thermal Ranomafana|
|Isalo National Park||02||Isalo Rock Lodge|
|Ifaty||03||Princesse du lagon|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 10 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Domestic Flight (Tuléar to Antananarivo)
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.