Ancient landscapes, balloon-filled skies and Turkish Delight await on this exciting 9-day adventure. Beginning and ending in Istanbul, make a loop of Turkey’s most inspiring sites, from Gallipoli to Troy, Ephesus and Cappadocia.
Day 01: Arrive Istanbul
Today you will arrive in Istanbul. We’ll meet you at the airport and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Istanbul
Begin your explorations at Topkapı Palace, which once served as the main residence of the Ottoman sultans, now a museum housing relics from the Ottoman Empire. Next up, head to the Basilica of St Sophia to see ancient mosaics and Byzantine art. Visit the iconic Blue Mosque. Make sure to have your cameras at the ready; this mosque is one of Istanbul’s most photographed buildings. Inside is even more beautiful, the thousands of blue Iznik tiles cover the interior of the mosque, which lend to its name. The rest of the afternoon is spent in the Spice Market. Here, enjoy an Insider Experience. Tonight, perhaps join an optional Bosporus cruise.
Day 03: Istanbul / Gallipoli / ANZAC Cove / Çanakkale
Board your coach this morning on the road to Gallipoli. En route, stop at Tekirdağ, a small town that overlooks the Sea of Marmara. In Gallipoli, enjoy time for lunch at leisure. It’s then onto the sites of Gallipoli. Start at ANZAC Cove, the landing site of the ANZACs on 25th April 1915. Continue to Lone Pine Memorial and finish at Chunuk Bair Memorial, when you can pay tribute to fallen New Zealand soldiers. Afterwards, at the port of Eceabat, a ferry awaits to take you to Çanakkale where dinner will be served in your hotel.
Day 04: Troy / Izmir
Today, dive head first into history with a visit to the ancient city of Troy. See the World Heritage archaeological site and hear the legends surrounding the city’s ruins. Moving on to the village of Bergama, discover the ruins of Pergamon. Within this ancient city, you’ll encounter the Acropolis, the Temple of Athena and the Library of Pergamon. After time to wander around these historic sites, continue to Izmir, a city on the brink of the Aegean Sea. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 05: Izmir / Pamukkale
Literally translated from Turkish to ‘cotton castle’, you’ll head to Pamukkale today. The crisp, white travertine stone terraces slope down a steep hillside, holding pools of mineral-rich water. This really is a sight to behold. Nearby, the World Heritage Roman city of Hierapolis is made up of temples, bath houses and a theatre. Return to Izmir in the late afternoon and enjoy leisure time.
Day 06: Ephesus / Cappadocia
Following breakfast, make your way to Ephesus, a World Heritage ancient Greek city. Take a wander through the crumbling marble streets before checking out the Ephesus Archaeological Museum. Lunch is enjoyed at a local restaurant before you are transferred to the airport for your flight to Cappadocia. Arrive at your unique hotel which blends into its surrounds, the Kapadokya Lodge, where you’ll enjoy a light supper.
Day 07: Cappadocia
There’s a chance to make today truly special with an optional hot air balloon ride at sunrise over the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia. This morning, see the formations from ground level at Pigeon Valley, and be sure to take plenty of photos while you’re here. Next up, head to Göreme Open-Air Museum. Here, see the churches and monasteries carved into rock faces. Spend time wandering Göreme town at your leisure. Back aboard your coach, it’s onwards to Avanos, a town famous for pottery. We can see examples of pottery from as early as the second millennium BC at a traditional ceramic facility. Perhaps spend the evening on an optional activity.
Day 08: Cappadocia / Istanbul
Enjoy a leisurely start to your morning before venturing to Kaymaklı Underground City. Descend below ground level and discover over one hundred tunnels leading to rooms which once were family homes, stables, cellars and churches since the 7th century BC. This afternoon, be transferred to the airport for your flight back to Istanbul. On arrival at your hotel, Overnight at the hotel.
Day 09: Depart Istanbul
Departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Istanbul||02||Radisson Blu Hotel|
|Cappadocia||02||Suhan Cappadocia Hotel&Spa|
|Istanbul||01||Radisson Blu Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.