Explore three main destinations on this Argentina tour: Buenos Aires, Mendoza, and an all-inclusive estancia stay in Bariloche. Visit the Tigre Delta, watch a spectacular tango show, take part in a cooking class and wine tasting in Mendoza, and hike in Patagonia landscapes as you explore some of the best Argentina offers. Change the itinerary in the winter months to include skiing in Mendoza and Bariloche, or opt to include fly-fishing in the summer months. This flexible itinerary can be customized to your preferences.
Day 01: Arrive Buenos Aires City
Arrive Buenos Aries, meet-assist & transfer to hotel.
This afternoon, tour the exciting and seductive city of Buenos Aires! This tour includes a bilingual tour guide and visits to typical neighborhoods like La Boca, Palermo, Recoleta, and the Colon Theater, the National Congress and the Presidential Palace. Experience the highlights of Buenos Aires, and appreciate this great city. This is a great introduction to main sites of interest that you can visit with free time throughout the rest of the trip.
Day 02: Tigre Delta and Tango
Just north of Buenos Aires, the island city of Tigre is a region travelers should not miss to get out of the city center and explore the countryside. A serene riverside train ride takes you into Tigre. Visit the famous fruit market. Rustic weaves, cane and willow furniture, sugary sweets, exotic flowers and, of course, numerous varieties of native fruit tempt you as you make your way through this bustling market. A guided ferry tour of the beautiful delta ends this five-hour excursion. Sail along the delta, passing some of the uncountable channels and forest-covered islands, yacht clubs, and weekend houses in the Paraná River delta. Alternate excursions this day are available.
It is hard to imagine a visit to Buenos Aires without attending a tango show, so tonight your transfer meets you at your hotel and whisks you away to one of the city’s most famous events! Experience the intimate dance that unifies the city and its people together in a passionate embrace at a tango show. The tango expresses the heart and the spirit of Argentina. The night includes dinner and a drink, as well as the transfers to and from the show.
Day 03: Meet Mendoza
Enjoy a leisurely morning before transferring to the airport for your flight on to Mendoza, Argentina’s region that produces nearly 70% of the country’s wine. Prolific and beautiful, the Central Andes command the horizon and provide this region with an unforgettable landscape. Your guide meets you at the airport to take you on a tour of the city including the original city foundations at Plaza Pedro del Castillo. Visit its bustling central plazas and celebrated General San Martin park. After the tour, check-in to your hotel and visit Mendoza’s outdoor cafes that are perfect for dinner or sipping wine as the sun sets over the city. Relax and toast your travels.
Day 04: Cooking Class and Wine Tasting
Learn the secrets of Argentine cuisine! After breakfast, the guide picks you up from the hotel for a morning wine tasting tour of one of Mendoza’s pristine vineyards. Next you are joined by an expert Argentine chef who shares secrets about the delicate science and art of pairing a great wine with a great meal. This is an exclusive cooking class where you can learn not only how to prepare a traditional Mendocino dish, but also the local histories and customs that go behind Argentine cuisine. After a private lunch – stomachs happily content – spend time enjoying a tasting at this winery. You quickly come to appreciate the detailed process that goes into making each wine independent and unique.
Day 05: Free Day in Mendoza
Today is a free day to discover the natural beauty of the Mendoza region. Spend the day relaxing with a glass of wine. Or you have optional tours that can be arranged locally, depending on your preferences.
Travelers can choose to traverse the countryside on horseback or take a moderate trek to Quebrada del Salto waterfalls. The horseback riding tour takes roughly 2 hours around Potrerillos and Cacheuta. This horseback riding trip is designed for beginners. For those interested in exploring the countryside by foot instead, enjoy a 3-hour trekking journey that ventures the mountainous, canyon-filled landscape of Quebrada (Gulch) del Salta. At the gulch’s waterfalls, trekkers have the option of taking an 18-meter rappel. In the late afternoon, return to Mendoza city and explore the city at your leisure.
Another option is to continue to explore the wineries of the Mendoza valley with a visit to Lujan de Cuyo, one of the most important wine regions in Argentina. The morning begins with visiting the vineyards and sampling the wine at Tapiz Bodega. Next travel a short 15 minutes southwest of Mendoza to Achaval Ferrer winery to taste the distinct wines of this exclusive vineyard. Finish the tour at Ruca Malen winery and lunch in the shadow of Los Andes mountain range. (Estimated 6-hour tour)
Day 06: Fly Bariloche | Estancia Peuma Hue
Enjoy a leisurely morning before transferring to the airport for your flight on to Bariloche, routing through Buenos Aires or direct (see start date options below). Transfer from Bariloche to the nearby Estancia Peuma Hue, or “Place of dreams”, your new home for the next 4 nights. Here you can enjoy a beautiful lakeside setting, warm welcoming hosts, and the perfect environment to relax in and experience the Patagonia outdoors. Depending on your arrival, settle in and enjoy a mild horseback ride to acquaint yourself with the area and a welcome massage.
Day 7-8: Patagonia Exploration
Enjoy a free day to choose your own excursions. Numerous hiking options are available to nearby waterfalls, lakes, and valleys with stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Also available are guided horseback rides, paddles on the lake in duckies or kayaks, mountain ropes challenge course, fly fishing, trolling, and just relaxing by the lake. Enjoy some Argentina cuisine demonstrations with the local chef if you prefer, or arrange for another massage for some extra pampering. You may opt to arrange for excursions to nearby Villa La Angostura, San Martin de los Andes, El Bolson, or Lake Nahuel Huapi as you prefer. Arrange to ski at Cerro Catedral during the winter months as well.
Day 09: Return to Buenos Aires
Today Return to the airport in the afternoon for your flight back to Buenos Aires. On arrival transfer to hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 10: Depart Buenos Aires
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Buenos Aires||02||Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel|
|Mendoza||03||Sheraton Mendoza Hotel|
|Bariloche||03||Estancia Peuma Hue|
|Buenos Aires||01||Sheraton Buenos Aires Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Internal Flights: Buenos Aires – Mendoza – Bariloche – Buenos Aires
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.