Discover the remote and breathtaking landscape of the Aysen, Chile region on this active Patagonia tour. Previously unreached before recent construction of the Carretera Austral, this isolated Patagonia wilderness offers the outdoor enthusiast an array of options. Kayak the famous Marble Caves, trek on the Exploradores glacier, and explore the nearby San Rafael National Park, and raft the Baker River. Opt for softer activities if you prefer a more leisurely paced and relaxing trip. Enjoy the remote Patagonia wilderness while you stay in comfortable cabins overlooking Lake General Carrera.
Day 01: Arrive Balmaceda and drive to Mallin Colorado
Arrive in Balmaceda airport and set out on the 6 hour drive South along the Carretera Austral and arrive to Mallin Colorado Ecolodge. The sparsely populated region of Aysen, Chile is noted for its glaciated lakes and dramatic landscape including the Northern and Southern Patagonian Ice Fields, calpyso-blue glacier lakes and fjords, and ice-capped mountains. Arrive to your comfortable and rustic cabins overlooking the Lake General Carrera, the second largest in South America after Lake Titicaca.
Day 02: Kayak the Marble Caves
Join your guide in the morning and drive an hour north of the lodge. Take a boat trip to the western end of the lake and see the famous Marble Caves and Cathedrals by kayak. Learn about the geologists’ theories about the formation of these mysterious series of cliffside marble caves created along the shores of Lake General Carrera. View the ways in which the stone has been eroded by the movement of water and wind throughout the years as you kayak the calypso-blue waters.
Day 03: Exploradores Glacier Trek
Next continue on to the Exploraderes glacier for a full day trek. The remote Northern and Southern Patagonian Ice Fields are the largest remaining on earth aside from Antarctica and Greenland and span this region along the Carretera Austral. Trek two hours today through bushes on a trail and over stones to get to the glacier. Spend the next three hours trekking on the ice plateau. Explore the immense ice caves and take in the amazing views before returning the two hours back and returning to the cabin this evening.
Day 04: Baker River Confluence & Rafting
In the morning, join your guide and drive 22 miles south along Chile’s Austral highway. Arrive at Puerto Bertrand, a small town located in a picturesque area near the source of the Baker River, known as having Chile’s largest volume-flow of water. Stop to explore the mouth of the Baker River before driving another 8 miles to where the Baker River meets the River Neff. The scenery where the two rivers join is overwhelming. Surrounded by high mountains and abundant vegetation, the area is rich in scenic views. This afternoon take to the river for 2 hours of Class II rafting before returning to the lodge this evening.
Day 05: Free day Aysen
Enjoy a free day in the region to take part in a number of optional excursions at an additional cost. The highly recommended horseback ride to Mallin Colorado Lagoon takes you through a thriving forest of native trees and allows for amazing views of Lake General Carrera, Lake Bertrand and the glaciers of the Northern Ice Fields. Other activities at additional cost include full day fly-fishing on nearby lakes, visiting the San Rafael National Park, hiking on nearby trails, or arranging for another day kayaking on the lake.
Day 06: Depart Aysen
Return to the Balcameda Airport today in time for your return flight to Santiago, or continue on to your next Chile tour destination.
|Mallin Colorado||05||Mallin Colorado Ecolodge|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance Fee
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.