About 50 km into the Bay of Bengal lies a vast canyon which is more than 500m. Deep. It is known as ‘Swatch of No Ground’. This remained an unexplored place until a few researchers who were working in the deep sea noticed it is a paradise for Whales & Dolphins. There are more than five species of dolphin living here. To get there you need to go first to Sundarbans Mangrove forest and from there take a sea going boat to the Swatch.,The Sundarbans is the single largest mangrove forest on the planet.
It lies on the South Western part of Bangladesh and has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. The forest comprises many different species of plants, birds, reptiles, and mammals and this area is also the home of the famous Royal Bengal Tiger.,You will spend three nights on a boat with shared facilities. The boats, which are specially built for cruising in the Sundarbans, are simple but comfortable.
The boat you will be having is chartered only for you. The majority of the cabins contain twin shared bunk beds, and there are shared bathroom facilities at the rear of the vessel. There will also be armed forest rangers to accompany you. In case of any kind of problem stay calm and directly discuss with your guide.
Day 01: Arrive Dhaka
At Bangladesh’s airport meet and greet your appointed guide and drive to your hotel. After freshening up, set out for Dhaka sightseeing including Dhaka university, Dhakeshwari Temple, Lallbag Fort, Sadarghat Water Front, and Shakari Bazar, with lots more too. Drive back to your hotel and stay overnight.
Day 02: Dhaka – Khulna (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast, drive and enjoy the heart of the country. On arrival, sightseeing of Khulna. Overnight in Khulna.
Day 03: Khulna – Sunderbans
Get aboard your boat early in the morning and start on the Dolphins and Whales adventure cruise through the Sunderbans mangrove forest. This first full day of forest activities includes an early morning canal cruise, jungle tracking and perhaps you will get the chance to see the Royal Bengal Tiger. Late in the afternoon return to your boat and rest overnight.
Day 04: Swatch of No Ground
Very early in the morning we transfer to a fishing boat and start cruising to ‘Swatch of No Ground’ in the Bay of Bengal. When you arrive, spot and play with the dolphins, then take a close look at some whales. Later in afternoon cruise back towards Sunderban to the mother vessel. Overnight rest after a BBQ dinner in the forest.
Day 05: Swatch of No Ground
Today cruise again to where you saw whales and dolphins; these activities will keep us busy all morning. Later in the afternoon we cruise towards the Sunderban to regain our mother vessel. Our overnight stay is in the forest.
Day 06: Sunderbans – Khulna
Today we cruise back to Khulna arriving in the evening. Overnight in Khulna.
Day 07: Khulna – Dhaka (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast, drive to Dhaka.
On arrival, city tour of Dhaka.
Overnight in Dhaka.
Day 08: Depart Dhaka
Departure transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
|Hotels / Camps
|City Inn Ltd.
|City Inn Ltd.
– 07 nights accommodation as mentioned in the program.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Transportation by good conditioned mini van.
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries.
– Local English speaking guide.
– Country Boat for canal & creeks cruising
– B-B-Q Dinner inside the forest
– Forest Guards in the Sundarbans
– Sea-going fishing boat for Swatch
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.