On this Essential Britain tour you’ll experience some of Britain’s most fascinating towns as you travel through England, Wales, and Scotland stopping for overnights in London, Plymouth, Cardiff, Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, and York. Plus, part of the charm of traveling through Britain is seeing the marvellous scenery and on this Britain tour you’ll get the opportunity to witness some of its most scenic areas. You’ll cruise on Plymouth Sound, one of the world’s great natural harbors; visit the former smugglers’ port of Looe; drive through Brecon Beacons National Park, with its dramatic landscapes; explore England’s tranquil Lake District, England’s largest and finest natural park; visit the Isle of Skye, with some of Scotland’s best scenery; and trace the shores of Loch Ness.
Day 01: Arrive in London
Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts will be waiting to welcome you. After checking into your hotel and an afternoon at leisure, we recommend our optional Taste of London excursion with dinner, followed by a guided illumination cruise on the Thames River.
Day 02: London–Stonehenge-Plymouth
Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and depart London at 8 am. First, try to unravel the mystery of prehistoric STONEHENGE. Explore the visitor center with its imaginative exhibitions, then take the shuttle to the stone circle and admire the magnificence of the monument up close. Continue on through Thomas Hardy’s Wessex, and head to Plymouth where you spend the next two nights.
Day 03: Plymouth. Cornwall Excursion
A day full of West Country sights as you head to Poldark’s Cornwall and to the pretty fishing village and former smugglers’ port of Looe. Then, follow in the footsteps of Drake, Raleigh, and the Pilgrim Fathers with a CRUISE on Plymouth Sound, one of the world’s great natural harbors.
Day 04: Plymouth–Glastonbury–Bath–Cardiff, Wales
At Glastonbury, hear about its connection to King Arthur, and in elegant Bath, see the amazing excavations of the ROMAN BATHS, with time to explore further on your own. Stay the night in Cardiff, the Welsh capital.
Day 05: Cardiff–Builth Wells–Llangollen–Liverpool, England
Your journey through Wales takes you north along the Taff Valley and Brecon Beacons National Park, and via the ancient market town of Builth Wells. Take a stroll in picturesque Llangollen, host to one of the world’s most colorful annual music festivals. Spend the night in Liverpool.
Day 06: Liverpool–Grasmere–Gretna Green, Scotland–Glasgow
Start the day with a visit to THE BEATLES STORY, an atmospheric journey into the life, times, culture, and music of the “Fab Four.” Later, focus on the tranquil Lake District, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a break in Wordsworth’s beloved Grasmere and try original GRASMERE GINGERBREAD. Then, head north for the Scottish border and stop at Gretna Green, where the blacksmith would wed runaway couples, and take part in a WEDDING RE-ENACTMENT. Overnight in Glasgow, Scotland’s largest city.
Day 07: Glasgow–Isle Of Skye–Inverness
Follow the “Bonnie Banks” of Loch Lomond, then proceed via Rannoch Moor, Glen Coe, Fort William, and the “Road to the Isles.” At Mallaig, board your FERRY for the crossing to the Isle of Skye, the largest island of the Inner Hebrides and famous for its dramatic landscapes. Return to the mainland and trace the shores of Loch Ness on the way to the Highland capital.
Day 08: Inverness–Culloden—Pitlochry–St. Andrews–Edinburgh
Main features today: the battlefield of Culloden Moor; the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry; St. Andrews; and over the elegant Forth Road Bridge to Edinburgh.
Day 09: Edinburgh
Morning city sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old “New Town” and the famous scientists, inventors, and novelists who lived there. In the “Old Town,” visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland’s Crown Jewels, then explore HOLYROOD PALACE (when available, excluding August and other occasional dates). Later, a unique optional excursion: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia, once the perfect royal residence for glittering state visits and family holidays.
Day 10: Edinburgh–Alnwick, England–York
This morning at ALNWICK CASTLE, the choice is yours: visit the CASTLE itself, the opulent ancestral home of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland, featured in Harry Potter and Downton Abbey, or explore ALNWICK GARDEN, with its breathtaking fountains and waterfalls. Next, make your way to York, England’s most complete medieval city. Here, stand in front of the great structure of the Minster, then follow your Tour Director through a maze of quaint streets, including the narrow Shambles.
Day 11: York–Stratford-Upon-Avon–London
On the last leg of your journey, stop at Stratford-upon-Avon to take pictures of Anne Hathaway’s Cottage and visit SHAKESPEARE’S BIRTHPLACE. On return to London at about 3:30 pm, a Shownight Theater Evening would be an incredible finale to your vacation.
Day 12: Depart London
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|London Hilton on Park Lane
|Crowne Plaza Plymouth
|Radisson RED Hotel
|Long Long Hotel
|Destiny Scotland Distillers House
|The Grand, York
|London Hilton on Park Lane
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 11 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.