The Essential Jordan tour starts and ends in Amman. It is a city sightseeing trip that takes 7 days taking you through Petra, Amman and Wadi Rum in Jordan.
Immense culture, breath-taking natural wonders and ancient monuments jam-packed together with adventure.
Start your Essential Jordan tour in Amman, the capital and one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. Take in the impressive ruins of Ajloun and Jerash before venturing to your desert camp with a jeep safari in the magical Wadi Rum. Prepare your lenses for the world-famous UNESCO World Heritage site of Petra, Jordan’s crown jewel. Have a cleansing mudbath and float waist-high in the Dead Sea.
Day 01: Arrive Amman
Welcome to Jordan! Keep your eyes peeled at Amman airport for the SGV sign for your transfer to the hotel. Freshen up and meet in the lobby around 6:00pm for an informal meeting with your guide and other tour members. Afterwards you have free time to start exploring vibrant Amman.
Day 02: Ajlun, Jerash, Amman
Fill up on breakfast before a big day exploring. Follow your guide on an included city tour through Amman with included visits to the Citadel and Amphitheatre. Next up, make tracks towards Ajloun to visit the castle ruins and impressive ancient city of Jerash. Filled with stunning sights of Greco-Roman ruins, the area has been inhabited since the Bronze Age! Return to Amman in the evening.
Day 03: Amman, Wadi Rum
Today we will make tracks for our campsite in Wadi Rum Desert. Enjoy free time to explore and relax or join an optional camel trek through the otherworldly desert landscapes. In the evening, enjoy a traditional Jordanian dinner under the stars. Followed by music and dance around the campfire as we get to know the locals of Wadi Rum!
Day 04: Wadi Rum, Petra
Kick off the day with an included Jeep safari through the incredibly vast and rocky landscapes of the desert. In the afternoon, farewell Wadi Rum as we head towards the Lost City of Petra! Recognised as one of the amazing 7 Wonders of the World, the city of Petra is a serious sight to behold, carved from rose-coloured rock. Enjoy free time on arrival in Petra to relax and unpack before an optional Petra by Night tour in the evening for a magical first glimpse of the ancient city lit by over 1,5000 glimmering candles.
Day 05: Petra
Get your cameras ready for a full day exploring all the sights of Petra. Be sure to pack comfortable shoes as there will be plenty of walking today. Follow your guide as they lead you towards the inner city to the Paraoh’s Castle, Triumphal Arch, Amphitheatre, Siq, Treasury and plenty more. Learn fascinating stories about the rediscovery of this ancient city lost in time.
Day 06: Petra, Shobak Castle, Deadsea, Amman
Fill up on breakfast before a jam-packed day! First up we’ll visit the Shobak Castle, the first Crusader fortress in the territory of East Jordan (Oultrejourdain). Learn from your guide about the history of these ruins built in 1115. Then, hop back on board the coach as we head towards the lowest point of dry land on Earth – the Dead Sea! Also known as ‘Sea of Salt’, the Dead Sea is hundreds of metres below sea level and holds incredibly salty water that keeps you afloat! Throw on your swimsuit, cover yourself in a cleansing mud bath and jump into the salty sea to bath in the natural minerals! Tonight, we’ll return to Amman.
Day 07: Amman
Departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Amman||02||Crowne Plaza Amman, an IHG Hotel|
|Wadi Rum||01||Desert Camp|
|Petra||02||The House Boutique Suites|
|Amman||01||Crowne Plaza Amman, an IHG Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 06 nights hotel and desert camp
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– All transfers sightseeing & excursion by A/c Vehicle.
– Jeep Safari in Wadi Rum
– Entrance fee as per program
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.