This 8 days Algeria tour takes you to some of its best historical and cultural attractions including ancient Roman ruins, basilicas, museums and much more.
Day 01: Arrival in Algiers
Welcome to Algeria! Arrive in Algiers and transfer to your hotel for two nights.
Depending on your arrival time, we can take a city tour which will visit sites such as the Notre Dame d’Afrique, the French colonial architecture, and the Palais des Rais.
If you have an early morning arrival, you will visit the Kasbah in the afternoon.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Algiers / Tipaza / Tomb of the Christian / Algiers
After breakfast, you will depart for the Roman sites of Tipaza. Here you will visit the museum and the archaeological site. Here you will find the largest basilica in North Africa and the Basilica of St. Salsa, who was a local martyr in the 4th century.
Later depart for the Tomb of the Christian (royal mausoleum of Mauritania), which is a large pyramid-like structure.
Return back to Algiers and take an evening flight to Annaba and transfer to your hotel.
Day 03: Annaba / Constantine
In the morning, explore the museum and site of Hippo Regius and the Cathedral of St. Augustine. The museum at Hippo Regius hosts large mosaics found in the region. Be sure to visit the ruins of the ‘Basilica of Peace’ where St. Augustine was bishop in the 5th century. The Cathedral of St. Augustine was built between 1881 and 1900. In the afternoon, wind your way down to Constantine for night.
Day 04: Constantine / Tiddis / Constantine
After breakfat you’ll begin the day with a trip to the archaeological hillside Roman site of Tiddis, which offers excellent views over the region. You will begin by walking through the Arch of Memmius and to the sanctuary of Mithras, Christian basilica, and Roman houses.
Return to Constantine for a half day tour enjoying this breath-taking city. You will explore the suspension bridges, the Constantine museum, Kasbah, and Palace of Ahmed Bey.
Day 05: Constantine / Timgad / Lambaesis / Constantine
Today you will want to depart early to have sufficient time at all the sites. Begin with a stop at Medracen(Ancient Numidian Tomb), which is 58 meters in diameter and 19 meters tall. Then travel to the UNESCO site of Timgad, begun by Emperor Trajan in AD100, where you will discover the library, temples, amphitheater, arch of Trajan, forum, houses, and basilicas. There is a fantastic museum at the site with grand mosaics found in the region.
On your return to Lambaesis, you will stop to visit the large ancient Roman legionary base. Continue to Constantine for night.
Day 06: Constantine / Djemila / Algiers
Begin the day with a drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Djemila, meaning ‘Beautiful’ in Arabic. The site lives up to its name as it is uniquely situated amongst rolling hills. You will have a guided visit of both the museum and the historic site. Explore the forum, basilicas, baptisteries, arch of Caracalla, Temple des Septimes, well-preserved Roman market, and theatre.
Your next stop will be in Setif to tour the archaeological museum, which hosts the grand Roman mosaic ‘Triumph of Dionysos’.
Return to Algiers for night.
Day 07: Algiers
Enjoy a full day city tour of Algiers and explore the historic sites and museums. If you missed the Kasbah on Day 1 you will wind your way through the narrow streets about learn about its unique history. See historic mosques and museums in the Kasbah. In the afternoon your visits may include the Museum of Archaeology and Islamic Art and the Bardo Museum.
Day 08: Depart Algiers
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Algeria||01||Renaissance Tlemcen Hotel|
|Annaba||01||Sheraton Annaba Hotel|
|Constantin||03||Constantine Marriott Hotel|
|Algeria||02||Renaissance Tlemcen Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 07 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Internal flight tickets Algiers – Annaba
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.