Start and end in Ashgabat! With the Sightseeing tour Explore Turkmenistan, you have a 5 days tour package taking you through Ashgabat, Turkmenistan and 2 other destinations in Turkmenistan.
Day 01: Ashgabat
Arrival in Ashgabat International airport. You will be met by our representatives and transfer to hotel. Early check-in. Free time.
Visit to Nissa fortress -the Sanctuary of Parthian Kings. UNESCO declared fortress a World Heritage Site in 2007. Nissa described as one of the first capitals of the Parthians. It was founded by Arsaces I (reigned c. 250 BC – 211BC), and reputedly the royal necropolis of the Parthian Kings, although it has neither been established that the fortress at Nissa was a royal residence or a mausoleum. The ruins of ancient settlement Nissa are located 18 km from Ashgabat at Bagyr village. Drive to visit Turkmenbashy Ruhy Mosque in Kipchak (the largest mosque in Central Asia). Then you will have Ashgabat city tour. You will see Presidential Palace, Ruhyyet Palace, Wedding Palace, modern “Yildyz” Hotel, Ferries Wheel, Constitution Monument, Arch of Neutrality, Monument and park of Independence, Ertogrul Gazy Mosque, Ashgabat 2017 Sports and Housing facilities. Overnight at a hotel.
Day 02: Mary
Morning transfer to Ashgabat domestic airport for morning flight to Mary. Arrive in Mary. Drive to Merv to explore ancient Merv – “Queen of the world”, was one of the most important capitals of Islam along with Baghdad, Cairo and Damascus. Sightseeing of ancient Merv includes Greater Kyz Gala & Lesser Kyz Gala (VI-VII), Complex of Askhabs (VIII-XIV), Erk Gala (VI BC), Gyaur Gala (IV BC), Hoja Yusup Hamadani complex, Sultan Sanjar mausoleum, Muhamed Ibn Zeid mausoleum. After sightseeing transfer to Mary airport for back flight to Ashgabat. Arrival in Ashgabat. Accommodation & overnight at a hotel.
Day 03: Darvaza
BF at Hotel. Free time.Afternoon drive to Darwaza burning Gas Crater (268km) dubbed by locals as “The Door to Hell”. The Darwaza area is rich in natural gas. While drilling in 1971, Soviet geologists tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas.The ground beneath the drilling rig collapsed, leaving a large hole with a diameter of 70 meters. To avoid poisonous gas discharge, it was decided the best solution was to burn it off. Geologists had hoped the fire would use all the fuel in a matter of days, but the gas is still burning today. En-route we cross Karakum desert, will make a stop in small desert village Erbent. In the evening watch the spectacular and fascinating view of the gas crater. BBQ dinner at Gas Crater. After sightseeing drive back to Ashgabat. Accommodation & overnight at a hotel.
Day 04: Depart Ashgabat
Transfer to airport for flight back to home.
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 03 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– Flight tickets : Ashgabat – Mary – Ashgabat
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.