Exploration of Western Ukaraine, a beautiful journey connecting with friendly people who will overwhelm you with their legendary hospitality. Let’s Enjoy Ukraine together as locals do!
Driving through the country and sightseeing on the way is the best way to see more sides of Ukraine from a local perspective – not only the most important sights, but also hidden, “undiscovered” breathtaking spots. Some of these hidden gems include Verhovyna in the Carpathians and the cozy city of Chernivtsi, which has been deeply influenced by Romanian, Austrian and Jewish cultures.
Day 01: Arrival in Ukraine
Arrival at Kyiv Boryspil airport (KBP). Transfer to a hotel. Check-in. Time for rest.
Day 02: Kyiv sightseeing walking tour
09:00 am – 04:00 pm. Our walking tour will start from exploring ancient part of Kyiv city center. You will enjoy seeing Bessarabskyi market, Golden Gates, walk along Volodymyrskaya street and explore St. Sophia Cathedral, will discover secrets of St. Andrew church and descent, will discover St. Michael Golden-Domed Church. Later we continue with a walk along Khreshchatyk street-the shortest yet the widest main street in the world, Maidan- the square where all of the Ukrainian revolutions started and many more! Back to the hotel, free time.
Day 03: Kyiv sightseeing driven tour
09:00 am – 01:00 pm. We visit Kyevo Pecherska Lavra with its caves – the most ancient monastery and UNESCO Heritage site, then exploring the Motherland Statue complex and WWII museum. During the tour you will also see impressive administrative buildings, House of a crying widow, Chocolate House and Red Castle, stone jungles and many others. Back to the hotel. Free time.
Day 04: Kyiv – Kamianets-Podilskyi (440 km or 270 miles)
08:00 am – 07:00 pm. In the morning we drive to Kamianets-Podilskyi. Afternoon we explore this beautiful town. Why does this city seem to be a phenomenon of the cultural and historical importance? You’ll discover the history from the moment of town’s foundation till recent times. You will see the Cathedral of the Saint Peter and Paul, St. Nicolas Armenian Church, Enjoy a breathtaking view of the Smotrich River Canyon and of course, the highlight will for sure be a visit to the Kamianets-Podilskyi fortress
Day 05: Kamianets-Podilskyi – Chernivtsi – Yaremche (215 km)
09:00 am – 07:00 pm. We drive to the Carpathians with sightseeing on the way!
First stop – Khotyn fortress, which was founded in 13th century and had Moldavian, Polish and Turkish influence. Then we continue to Chernivtsi – the real cozy European city, situated on the spot where the roads from Europe and Asia cross each other. Then enjoy a 2-hour walking tour in the historical city center, walk along the main pedestrian street – Kobylyanska, will see the City Hall, Teatralnaya square and many other. After – we drive to Yaremche.
Day 06: Carpathians sightseeing – Yaremche – Verhovyna (130 km)
10:00 am – 04:00 pm. This day is dedicated to the mountains and its people – Нutsuls.
We drive to Verhovyna – the capital of hutsuls. You will see traditional mountain villages, find out about people who live there: Ukrainian ethnical group – Hutsuls. We will visit the Hutsul Everyday Life and musical instruments museum, which is located on a hill (hiking required or you will be taken up and down by a soviet jeep 5 mins ride ) and will find out about Ukrainian embroidery and its different meanings in the unique museum of Vyshyvanka. A home-made lunch will be served in a private house of one of the museum’s owners to let you feel the life of locals. Back to the hotel and free time
Day 07: Yaremche, the Carpathians – Lviv (190 km or 120 miles)
During your free time in Yaremche, the pearl of Carpathians, you can shop in one of the local souvenir markets.
12:00 pm – 07:00 pm Check-out and continue to Ivano-Frankivsk where we stop for lunch in a restaurant-museum of Galician way of life owned by a family. Afterwards, enjoy a 2-hour walking tour of the city which is often called “a small Lviv”. You will see the Market square and the City Hall, will stroll along the main pedestrian street which locals call “a Hundred meters street”, will see the Armenian church and much more. The we continue to Lviv. Check-in and free time
Day 08: Lviv sightseeing walking tour
09:00 am – 04:00 pm During our 6-hour walking tour we will see the architecture of Rynok Square, typical Austrian streets, as well as modern dwellings. Together they narrate Lviv’s glorious history. We will walk along the Medieval part of Lviv and will see Rynok Square, Armenian church and quarter, Dominican church, Boim Chapel, and many other impressive sites in the historical city center.
Highlights of this tour include visits of the Opera House, built in the classical tradition with Neo-Renaissance details (subject to change). Your lunch will be served in a place where you can be inspired for new ideas!
Day 09: Lviv sightseeing driven tour
09:00 am – 01:00 pm. Today your tour includes a visit of the High Castle Hill (walk along the hill), where a castle once stood during 1300s to the 1770s to protect the residents of Lviv during attacks. The hill now offers the best views of the city. You will discover the former Austrian casino, presently called “The House of Scientists”. The casino was a meeting place for the aristocratic elite. You will also visit St. George’s Cathedral, which serves as a great example of rococo architecture and was built between 1744-1760. Today St. George’s Cathedral is the main Greek-Catholic church. Back to your hotel, free time.
Day 10: Lviv departure
Check-out. Transfer to Lviv airport. Thanks for a wonderful trip!
|Kiev||03||City Holiday Resort & SPA|
|Yaremche||01||Romantik Spa Hotelʹ|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 09 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.