Africa’s last Eden. Visit the pristine Loango National park, travel to Tassi Camp in Lovango National park one of the last places where large mammals roam freely on the beach. See surfing hippos and forest elephants. Enjoy a cruise to Pte. Ste. Catherine to see nesting sea turtles.
Day 01: Libreville, Gabon – Loango National Park
Arrive Libreville make the connecting flight to Loango Lodge by helicopter (seating 14). Meet assist and transfer to the lodge. Afternoon game drive in Loango National Park or a boat trip around the lagoon.
Overnight at Loango.
Day 02: Loango National Park – Tassi Camp
After breakfast, you will go on an excursion to Tassi camp located in the savannah near by the beach. Tassi, in Loango National Park, is one of the last few places on earth where large mammals can still roam freely on the beach. Only in Gabon can hippos be seen swimming in the surf. Here, during rainy season, buffaloes and forest elephants can often be found grazing on the coastal grasslands and the beach. Occasionally, families of gorillas can also be spotted foraging in the trees alongside the beach. You can catch the ocean breeze and from the same position, watch the sun rise over the savannah and forest in the east every morning and watch it sinking below the horizon every evening.
Overnight at Tassi Camp
Day 03: Tassi Camp- Loango Lodge
After breakfast, return to Loango Lodge. In the evening, celebrate the New Year with a special dinner and champagne.
Overnight at Loango Lodge
Day 04: Loango National Park – Point St. Catherine
After breakfast, enjoy your morning at leisure. Afterwards enjoy a 30-minute cruise to Pte. Ste. Cathérine in the north of Loango National Park. The beach is lined by dense mangrove forests sheltering a whole range of wildlife and smaller mammals. Perfect for taking long walks, collecting shells or watching the sun going down. Your guide can take you south to Louri Lagoon, to view buffalo and elephants on the beach. Or if you prefer the forest, you can also head into the mysterious mangrove area with of your guide. In turtle season, from October to February, you can venture out at night with our expert Eco-guides to look for nesting marine turtles. In Total, four species of marine turtles can be found nesting on Gabon’s beaches. The Leatherback and the olive ridley nest here regularly but the green turtle as well as the hawksbill turtle.
Overnight at Pte. Ste. Cathérine Beach Camp
Day 05: Pointe St. Catherine Beach – Libreville – Depart
After an early breakfast, return to Loango Lodge. Return to Libreville and make your connecting flight home.
|Pte. Ste. Cathérine||01||Cathérine Beach Camp|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 04 Nights accommodation hotel/camp
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.