On this adventurous, once-in-a-lifetime safari tour, Mountain Gorilla tracking in Bwindi forest is combined with a wildlife safari in Queen Elizabeth national park to create the perfect blend between nature and exhilaration. This short safari is perfect for discovering the scenic beauty of Uganda and embracing her tranquility.
You’ll visit Queen Elizabeth National Park and Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park where you will track the majestic mountain Gorillas, search for playful chimpanzees, take a boat safari down Kazinga Channel and go for game drives in a pop-up roof minivan.
Day 01: Arrive Entebbe and transfer to Queen Elizabeth NP
You will be picked up from Entebbe airport start your journey to the southwest of Uganda stopping by the equator for splendid photography. Within hours, you’ll be in Queen Elizabeth National Park, ready for an evening game drive through the park. This park is the second largest National park in Uganda, neighboring crater lakes Edwards and George linked by the Kazinga channel. Check into your preferred lodge.
Day 02: Chimpanzee Trek and boat safari
After early breakfast, depart to the beautiful Kyambura gorge for chimpanzee trekking. The reserve is located on a 100m deep gorge, south of Queen Elizabeth Park and Lake Edward. Look out for birds residing by the riverine swamps and forest such as herons, kingfishers, fish eagles, and much more. Afternoon boat cruise on Kazinga channel. Drive back to your lodge for overnight.
Day 03: Morning game drive and transfer to Bwindi forest
Very early breakfast and early morning game drive through the park. Possible encounters include lions, buffaloes, kobs, elephants, giraffes, hyenas, warthogs and others. Proceed towards Ishasha River, south of the park, a popular sight with tree climbing lions. Reach Bwindi forest by evening and check into your choice of accommodation for overnight.
Day 04: Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Forest National Park
After an early breakfast, proceed with a packed lunch and a bottle of water into the tropical rain forest for gorilla trekking activity. Receive a prior briefing by the ranger officials then head straight into the forest. The trek is unpredictable and could last up to 6 or more hours. Watch these creatures as they feed, play and grumble to each other while you take their pictures.
Overnight as the previous night.
Day 05: Transfer to Entebbe International airport
This day is reserved for the transfer back to Kampala or Entebbe airport for flight back to home.
|Queen Elizabeth N.P||02||Wildtracks Overland Camp|
|Bwindi||02||Trackers Safari Lodge|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 04 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Park entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.