Explore Guatemalan culture and learn in escorted tours about Mayan history at impressive archaeological ruins. Enjoy the exuberant beauty of El Salvador waterfalls, hot springs, and the colorful “Flowers Route”, and walk through the beautiful Suchitoto cobblestone roads. The natural beauty of Nicaragua is one of the world’s best-kept secrets. The adventurous travelers looking for gorgeous and largely untouched jungle will have the chance to explore the rich Nicaraguan flora and fauna
Day 01: San Salvador, El Salvador
A driver will welcome you at the airport of San Salvador and take you to your hotel. Depending on the time of your arrival, you will have time to explore the beautiful city of San Salvador or enjoy the delicious food that the city offers in one of its restaurants. San Salvador is the capital of El Salvador and is the country’s most populated municipality, as well as its most important political, cultural, educational and financial center.
The city is modern with wide boulevards and narrow streets, outdoor markets, high rising buildings, museums, monuments and other cultural institutions. This city is set against the backdrop of the San Salvador volcano, which provides majestic views.
Day 02: Visit Joyas de Ceren, Lake Coatepeque San Andrés
Today you will leave the beautiful city San Salvador, continuing your journey to Lake Coatepeque. This Lake is located in the basin of a volcanic crater. The island in the center called Teopan was used as a spiritual retreat for ancient Mayan leaders. You will be amazed by the views of this Lake and you will see that this is one of the most beautiful places in El Salvador.
Continue to Juayua. On our way we will stop and visit ‘Joya De Ceren’, the Pompeii of the Mayan culture and San Andres, a ceremonial site with pyramid ruins and an archaeological museum. This Archeological site is the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in the country.
Day 03 : Chorros de la Caldera Waterfalls + coffee tour.
Today you will discover ‘Juayua’, one of the Flower Route villages with coffee all around this area, lots of handcrafts, a Reptilandia Exhibit, and a gastronomical fair on the weekends. In the morning you will visit the beautiful Waterfalls of ‘La Calera’ which are a natural wonder in this town. It is a spring water source, with four waterfalls connected by tunnels, which collect the water and process electricity for the village. Do you dare to cross the tunnels?
Afterwards, we will take you on a coffee tour. The guides are coffee growers from the area as well as professional baristas and roasters.
Day 04: Thermals and natural SPA in addition to a Horseback ride
Today we take you to ‘Santa Teresa’ Thermals Spa which is a unique opportunity to enjoy nature. The thermals are filled with adventurous possibilities, some of which include: the geyser trail, hiking, mountain biking, motocross, and rock climbing.
You will discover the marvelous power of nature and have the opportunity to enjoy the thermal pools and mud baths surrounded by beautiful gardens. In the afternoon you can go horseback riding at ‘Portezuelo’ Park. You will ride through coffee fields to the highest part of the property into the nebulous primary forest.
Day 05: City tour of Suchitoto
This morning you will continue your journey to Suchitoto, which overlooks Lake ‘Suchitlán’, a reservoir that can be visited by boat. A town widely known through the country for its church and cobblestone roads. This city has a wide range of cultural activities such as art galleries, cultural centers, and handicrafts.
This city has a beautiful historic city center, which is the heart of Suchitoto. Here you will find a treasured past and a celebrated present-day cultural life. In the afternoon we will take you on a boat tour to enjoy the beautiful views on the lake, a scenic, birding boat ride. The lake is also a bird migration zone with over 100 species. During this boat tour you will get the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful views of the sunset on the lake.
Day 06: Hike in a Natural Reserve.
Today we take you to the ‘Cinquera’ Natural Reserve. This hike is a 2.5 hour hike inside the Natural Reserve. You will also visit the colonial ruins of ‘Indigo’, guerrilla campsites, viewpoints, and you will have swimming time at a Waterfall.
Day 07: Tour of the town of Suchitoto.
Today you will enjoy the town tour. We will visit the Waterfall ‘Los Tercios’, the Arts For Peace Center, Cigar Ladies workshop, plazas and appreciate the beauty of the ‘Santa Lucia’ church.
Day 08: Visit of Fatima Virgin sanctuary and sugar cane mill
In the morning you will give a final goodbye to the beautiful city of Suchitoto to continue your journey to ‘Perquin’. This town was the FMLN (‘Farabundo Martí’ National Liberation Front) headquarters 20-30 years earlier during El Salvador’s civil war; its leftover bunkers and bomb craters are evidence of the former guerrilla presence.
Today we will visit the ‘Fatima’ Virgin Sanctuary in the hill of ‘Las Pavas’ with a great view to ‘Ilopango’ Crater Lake; the largest crater volcano lake which is over 15 km wide! Afterwards, we will have lunch and continue our journey to ‘Perquin’, including a short visit at a Sugar Cane Mill along the way. During this short visit, you will be able to see the process from sugar cane to candy in the handcrafted way.
Day 09: Visit a School project, a ‘massacre’ site and Guerrilla war museum
‘Perquin’ is a small village featuring mountain cabins and a fresh climate. This village is also home of the best guerrilla war museum. In the morning we visit the ‘Amun Shea’ School project built by an American to promote English and better study opportunities for local boys and girls. After visiting this project, we will discover the ‘Mozote’ Massacre site. In the afternoon, we will visit the guerilla war museum.
Day 10: Beach of El Cuco
Today you follow your journey to the beach of ‘El Cuco’, which is about a 2.5 hour drive. The Pacific Ocean of the country is the perfect place to escape and known by the locals as one of the best beaches. Enjoy lunch at the beach and a free afternoon to relax or take the opportunity instead to go surfing, kayaking or fishing.
Day 11: Mangrove Kayak half day
‘El Cuco’ is a flat sandy beach with some of the best surf spots close by as well as turtle and bird saving projects and mangroves. Today we take you to go kayaking to the mangroves, which is a half-day paddle trip.
Day 12: Free time. Gulf boat ride day trip.
Today you can enjoy this beautiful beach and participate in the Gulf boat ride day trip.
Day 13: San Salvador
Today you will transfer from the beach back to San Salvador, stopping in Lagoon of ‘Alegria’ for lunch. The lagoon is, according to the Nobel Prize winning poet Gabriela Mistral, “The Emerald of the Americas.” The crater lagoon has an emerald color with mineral mud on its shore. We will visit the village and walk around the park.
Day 14: Departure to the international airport
Transfer to El Salvador International Airport for your departure flight.
|El Salvador||01||Inter-Continental San Salvador-Metrocentro Mall|
|Suchitoto||03||Los Almendros de San Lorenzo|
|El Tunco||03||Hotel Casa Miramar El Tunco|
|El Salvador||01||Inter-Continental San Salvador-Metrocentro Mall|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 13 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Ferries and boat Rides
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.