Start and end in Guatemala City! With the Discovery tour Guatemala Express – 5 days , you have a 5 days tour package taking you through Guatemala City, Guatemala and 5 other destinations in Guatemala.
During our 5-day trip through Guatemala, 3 days in the Altiplano, we will be able to visit the main attractions of the country.
This is an excellent plan to combine it with extensions from Guatemala such as: Izabal or Petén and neighboring countries such as: Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica or visit the Caribbean beaches
Day 01: Arrive Guatemala City
Transfer from Airport to Hotel.
Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Guatemala – Chichicastenago – Lago Atitlán
Breakfast. We will leave for the Guatemalan highlands with destination to the town of Chichicastenango, where we will visit one of the most famous indigenous markets throughout Latin America. This day we will have a visit Experiential, where we will perform with local women a corn workshop, the staple food of Guatemala. Behind the visit we will continue towards Lake Atitlán, from which Huxley said to be the most beautiful in the world. Accommodation.
Day 03: Lago Atitlán – San Juan La Laguna – Santiago Atitlán – Lago Atitlán
Breakfast. Today we will take a boat to visit two towns of the twelve that surround this beautiful lake. We will know the Tzutuhil town of San Juan La Laguna characterized by the harmony in which its inhabitants coexist with nature and culture. We will continue towards Santiago Atitlán, a town inhabited by indigenous Tzutuhiles who they live on fishing and crafts, although they are better known as worshipers of a Mayan-Catholic deity they call Maximón.
Day 04: Lago Atitlán – Iximché – La Antigua
Breakfast. We will leave for the city of La Antigua Guatemala. On the way, we will visit the archaeological site of Iximché, ancient Mayan capital of the Cakchiquel kingdom. To our arrival in La Antigua, visit of this declared colonial city World Heritage Site, we will know the Cathedral, Church La Merced, the Central Plaza and its main streets and monuments.
Day 05: Transfer out Airport or Bus Station in Guatemala City
Transfer Hotel to Guatemala City Airport for flight back to home.
|Guatemala||01||Hilton Guatemala City|
|Lago Atitlán||02||La Casa del Mundo|
|La Antigua||01||Camino Real Antigua Guatemala|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 04 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All present government taxes
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.