Probably the most misunderstood country in the heart of Europe, Ukraine is emerging as a hot travel destination. From the ancient Scythian mounds, to giant industrial sites, the most unusual museums
Day 01: The capital of Ukraine – Kyiv
Arrival in Kyiv, checking into a hotel. We will walk in the center, visiting the heart of the city and take a Kyiv subway – the deepest metro in the world. In Slavy park we will visit iconic 62 meters tall Motherland monument and Museum of the history of Ukraine in World War II. We will also marvel at Ukraine’s famous ancient churches dating back to 9th century.
Day 02: Mezhyhirya. Ethnographic park – Pirogovo
In the morning we take a hydrofoil speedboat to Mezhyhirya, the residence of Ukraine’s ousted president Viktor Yanukovych. Known as a museum of corruption, it displays Yanukovych’s luxurious lifestyle, including the world’s largest palace of wooden beams, a park of retro cars and exotic animals. Afternoon we will visit the ethnographic park – Pirogovo, where we will get acquainted with the architecture of all regions of the country from 17-20 centuries.
Day 03: Chornobyl / Dnipro
In the morning we check out from the hotel and travel to Chornobyl restricted area, home to the most disastrous nuclear plant accident in world history. (1.5 hours by car) We will visit the ultra-modern radiation shield, the dead city of Pripyat and the Red forest with reddish orange trees, affected by radiation. The level of radiation that you can get during this trip is approximately equal to the amount of radiation received during an X-ray. Night train to Dnipro (8 hours on the way).
Day 04: The city of Dnipro
Arrival in Dnipro. We will leave our luggage in the baggage room and take a trip to the park of spacecrafts. Home to Yuzhmash spacecrafts manufacturer, Dnipro is known as Ukraine’s scientific center. We will also visit the only ATO museum, dedicated to the ongoing counterterrorist operation in eastern Ukraine. Guides and authors are all veterans of this war. After lunch we will visit Interpipe steel – the largest steel plant in Eastern Europe. All stages of steel producing can be observed in this ultra-modern industrial giant. Evening bus to Zaporizhya (40 minutes on the way), checking into a hotel.
Day 05: Dnipro hydroelectric station. Khortytsia island
Morning boat trip on Dnipro river (2 hours) which includes passing a gateway of the immense Dnipro dam. We will observe cascades of Dnipro hydroelectric station and enjoy the view of Khortytsia island. This legendary island is home to the famous museum of the history of the Zaporozhye Cossacks and the Scythian camp – the pagan temple and the burial mounds of the ancient nomadic tribes. We will also
ride horses and visit the skansen-reconstruction of the Cossack military settlement.
Day 06: The city of Kryvyi Rih
Morning drive to Kryvyi Rih (4 hours). Here we will see gigantic iron ore careers and visit the exclusion zone – huge embankments where you can collect dozens of types of glandular ores and other minerals. After lunch, an excursion to the former shooting site of the Ukrainian blockbuster “Krasny”, where the Stalin concentration camp is perfectly reconstructed on the site of the old factory district. An unforgettable night view of the 126 km long city from the Petrovsky Terrykon and a night train to Odesa (10 hours)
Day 07: The city of Odesa
Arrival in Odesa. Checking into a hotel. Odesa is a city of culinary tourism and a special southern Ukrainian atmosphere on the Black Sea. We will stroll through the colorful streets, look into the secret courtyards and the unique Privoz bazaar, as well as take part in the master class of local cuisine. We will go down to the legendary catacombs, stretching for several hundred kilometers under the city. They were used by smugglers and partisans, now some of them are an underground museum, where one can learn about the work of miners and see the former partisan hideout.
Day 08: Bilhorod / Dnistrovskyi
Departure from Odessa to Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi by car (2 hours on the way). The mighty 13th-century Akkerman fortress survived many wars on the banks of the Dniester river estuary and is well preserved. We will also have an excursion to Shabo winery, one of the best in Ukraine. Giant underground wine storage, a museum-labyrinth, and, of course, wine tasting. Return to Odessa (2 hours). Night train to Kiev (9 hours).
Day 09: Depart Kiev
Flight back home.
|Kiev||02||City Holiday Resort & SPA|
|Dnipro||02||Grand Hotel Ukraine|
|Odessa||01||M1 Club Hotel|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 05 Nights accommodation
– 03 Overnights in train
– Train tickets Kiev – Dnipro – Odessa – Kiev
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fee as per program
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.