We invites you to enjoy Armenian beautiful nature and get acquainted with its flora and fauna via non difficult and pleasant hikings. During this group tours in Armenia you will get acquianted with the Armenian nature and historical monuments, will enjoy the beauty of the largest fresh water lake in Armenia, will walk in the forests of “Armenian Switzerland”. And that’s not all. During the tours we will visit “Tonacuyc” National Theatre, where we will get acquainted with Armenian food and ceremonies. If you are interested in ancient culture, national cuisine, nature and hiking, then this tour package is for you.
Day 01: Arrival Yerevan
Pick-up from the airport early in the morning. Transfer to the hotel
Day 02: Yerevan city tour – Matenadaran – Tsitsernakaberd
After short brake and breakfast we will start today’s tour. We will visit Matenadaran, where 18.000 manuscripts are kept, which are listed in the list of UNESCO Heritage. Then we will walk to the Republic Square. On the way we will stop near Cascade, where a beautiful view is opening to the Mount Ararat. After the city tour we will visit the Genocide Memorial and the Genocide Museum. In the evening we will have welcome dinner with national cultural programme (national dances and songs).
Walking 1-2 hours.
Day 03: Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
After breakfast in the hotel we will drive to Geghard Monastery. On the way we will have a stop near Charents’ Arch. One part of Geghard Monastery is carved in the cliff. It is included into the list of UNESCO Heritage. We will take part in the baking of the national bread, lavash. Our next stop will be Garni pagan temple. We will start our walking from the temple to the Symphony of the Stones, which is located in Azat gorge. Back to Yerevan.
Walking 2 hours.
Day 04: Khor Virap – Areni – Noravank – Yeghegnadzor
Breakfast in the hotel. We take our way to Khor Virap Monastery where a beautiful view is opening to the Mount Ararat. Our next stop will be near Bird’s cave where the oldest shoe and 6000- year old winery have been discovered recently. We will also visit Noravank Monastery, a masterpiece of Armenian architecture. Dinner and overnight in Yeghegnadzor.
Walking 2-3 hours.
Day 05: Yeghegnadzor – Tsakhats Kar – Smbataberd – Yeghegnadzor
After breakfast in the hotel we will take our way to Tsakhats Kar Monastery. The monastery was constructed in the 10th century. Tsakhats Kar was a medieval educational center, where painting was taught. Then we will keep our way to Smbataberd fortress which has high and wide walls built with huge stones and mixture from clay. The fortress is protected with deep gorges of Artabuni and Yeghegis. Dinner and overnight in Yeghegnadzor.
Walking 4-5 hours.
Day 06: Yeghegnadzor – Vardenyats passway (Selim) – Sevanavank
After breakfast we will keep our way to Lake Sevan. The road passes trough the Vardenyats passway, which is famous for its beautiful and splendid nature and Orbelyan caravanserai. While in Sevan we will visit Sevanavank, the monastery on peninsula. Dinner and overnight in Sevan.
Walking 1-2 hours.
Day 07: Free day in Sevan
Today you have an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of Sevan on your own. Lake Sevan is the second largest fresh water lake in the world on such a height (1900m).
Day 08: Sevan -Dilijan – Jukhtak – Matosavank – Alaverdi
After breakfast we will take our way to Dilijan. Dilijan is a small spa city which is also known as Armenian Switserland. After the city tour we will keep the way to Monastery Jukhtak. It is mentioned as Petros’ Monastery and Gisheravank Monastery in the stone scripts. It consists of two separate churches (here comes the meaning of the monastery- “jukht vank” – “two churches”). Then we will walk to Matosavank. The church was consructed in 1205. Then we will take our way to Alaverdi. The dinner and the overnight in Alaverdi.
Walking 2-2.5 hours.
Day 09: Alaverdi – Haghpat – Sanahin – Alaverdi
Today we will visit Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries which are included into the List of UNESCO World Haritage. Both of the monasteries are constructed under the order of King Arshak Voghormats, in the 10th century. We will start the hiking from Sanahin Monastery to Haghpat Monastery. Dinner and overnight in Alaverdi.
Walking 2-3 hours.
Day 10: Alaverdi – Amberd – Byurakan – Tonacuyc National Theatre – Yerevan
After breakfast we will start to Aragatsotni province. During today we will be accompanied by Mount Aragats, which is the highest in Armenia (4090m). We will first walk to Amberd fortress, then will visit Tonacuyc National Theatre located in Byurakan where through dances and songs you will get acquainted with Armenian traditions and customs. The overnight will be in Yerevan.
Walking 2-3 hours.
Day 11: Etchmiadzin Mother Cathedral – St. Hripsime – Zvartnots Cathedral
Breakfast in the hotel. Then we will start our tour to Armenian Vatikan. Etchmiadzin Mother Cathedral is the main building of Armenian Apostolic church. We will also visit St. Gayane and St. Hripsime churches. On the way back to Yerevan we will visit Zvartnots Cathedral.
Day 12: Departure
Transfer to the airport.
|Yerevan||03||Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan|
|Yerevan||02||Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 11 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide.
– Service of the mount instructor
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.