Start in Aix-En-Provence and end in Avignon! With the In-depth Cultural tour Historical Journey of Provence – 6 Days, you have a 6 days tour package taking you through Aix-En-Provence, France and 11 other destinations in France.
Day 01: Welcome to Aix-en-Provence
Welcome to French. Independent arrival to Aix-en-Provence.
Free Day in Aix-en-Provence. Overnight in Aix-en-Provence.
Day 02: Luberon / Isle-sur-Sorgue / Fontaine-de-Vaucluse / Gordes / Bonnieux
Spend the day discovering the small, charming villages of the Luberon. Meet your guide at a meeting point in the heart of Aix-en-Provence and drive along the scenic roads of Provence countryside roads to reach Isle-sur-Sorgue. Here you can walk along the canals (Isle-sur-Sorgue is called the Venice of Venaissin County) and stop at the many antique shops looking for rarities. Go up the river Sorgue and find its source at Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, where you can visit the caves where the river emerges. Continue to Gordes, one of the most beautiful villages in the whole of France. During the summer, when the lavender is blooming, there will be a stop at the Senanque Abbey, one of the most photographed attractions of the whole Provence. Conclude your excursion with a visit to the villages of Bonnieux and Lourmarin. Overnight in Aix-en-Provence.
Day 03: River Verdon / Manosque / Occitane cosmetic factory / Moustiers-Ste-Marie
Our historical day will take us to visit the stunning course of river Verdon, with its breathtaking gorges, one of the must-see natural wonders in Europe. Meet your guide at a meeting point in the heart of Aix-en-Provence and drive to Manosque were you will have the chance to visit the Occitane cosmetic factory, whose products are all made from local flowers and plants. Driving through the Valensole plateau (between mid-June and mid-July you will have the chance to see the lavender fields in bloom here), you will reach the Moustiers-Ste-Marie, a small village perched between two scenic rocky cliffs. Continue to the Lake Saint Croix for a relaxing stop at the beach before coming back to Aix-en-Provence. Overnight in Aix-en Provence.
Day 04: Transfer to Avignon and Optional: visit of town and Palais du Pope
Meet your private driver at the hotel lobby and transfer to your accommodation in Avignon. Residence of the Popes for almost a hundred years in the 14th century, its city center is packed with historical attractions, from the World Heritage-listed Palais du Papes to the majestic Medieval walls.
In the afternoon, optional guide visit of town and Palais du Pope with your private guide.
Overnight in Avignon.
Day 05: Gems of Provence / Orange / Châteauneuf du Pape / Wine Tasting
Discover the hidden gems of Provence, Orange and Châteauneuf du Pape. Meet your guide in the heart of Avignon and reach the city of Orange for a panoramic tour to see its numerous Roman monuments. The Ancient Theatre (entrance fees and audio guide included) is one of the best preserved in the world. Continue to Châteauneuf du Pape and admire the ruins of the Pope’s formal summer residence which dominate the medieval village. Enjoy a wine tasting in one of the local cellars before going back to Avignon. Overnight in Avignon.
Day 06: Departure Day
Check out of the hotel. Independent transfer to your airport.
|Aix-en-Provence||03||Boutique Hôtel Cézanne|
|Avignon||02||Hôtel Mercure Avignon Gare Tgv|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 05 nights accommodation as per program
– English speaking guide
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Entrance fee as per program
– All sightseeing & excursion by private vehicle
– All transport and listed activities
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.