Horse riding is a perfect way to spend your holidays. ONE WAY TOUR offers a tour package which is suitable both for professionals and beginners. This tour package is a great opportunity to feel that harmony between a human being and nature.
Day 01: Arrival – Yerevan city tour – Etchmiadzin – Yerevan
Transfer from the airport to the hotel. Breakfast. Observing city tour in Yerevan. During this tour you will get acquainted with the main buildings and the main streets. This will give you an opportunity to get acquainted with the capital of Armenia. Then we will drive to Etchmiadzin, one of the holy places in Armenia, the residence of the Catholicos. We will visit Mother Cathedral, St. Gayane and St. Hripsime churches, Zvartnots Cathedral. Cathedral and the churches of Etchmiadzin and the Archaeological Site of Zvartnots are included into the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Day 02: Yerevan – Khor Virap – Noravank – Sisian
Breakfast in the hotel. Tour to Khor Virap monastery. From here a breathtaking view to Mount Ararat. Our next stop is Birds’ Cave. The oldest leather shoe and oldest complex for wine production were found here during excavations. We will visit Noravank monastery, which is one of the masterpieces of Armenian architecture. Then we will drive to Sisian, will have horse riding (1 hour). Dinner and the overnight in Sisian.
Day 03: Sisian – Karahunj – Shaki waterfall – Lake Sevan – Dilijan
After breakfast we will ride to Karahunj. Ancient observatory Karahunj or Zorats Karer is 3, 500 years older than Stonehenge in England and 3, 000 years older than the Egyptian pyramids. From here we will ride to Shaki waterfall. We will have rest here for a while and will take our way to Dilijan. On the way to Dilijan we will have a stop near Lake Sevan. Dinner an overnight in Dilijan.
Day 04: Dilijan – Goshavank – Yenokavan
Breakfast in the hotel. Tour to Dilijan, which is also called Little Switzerland. We will take our way to Goshavank Monastery, a 13th-century Armenian monastery located in Tavush Province. Today the monastery is not a functioning religious complex. It has recently undergone some light restoration. Goshavank was erected in the place of an older monastery which had been destroyed by an earthquake in 1188. Mkhitar Gosh, a statesman, scientist and author of numerous fables and parables as well as the first criminal code, took part in the reconstruction of the monastery. Later we will take our way to Yenokavan, a small village on the edge of a rock covered with forests. Dinner and the overnight in Yenokavank.
Day 05: Yenokavan – Berdategh – Yenokavan
Breakfast in the hotel. Then we will ride to Berdategh fortress. The fortress is located in 8km distance from Yenokavan. Berdategh fortress is surrounded with high mountains, deep gorges, sparkling mountain streams and dense forests. Dinner and overnight in Yenokavan.
Day 06: Yenokavan – Srveghi Monastery – Yenokavan
Today we will ride to Srvegh medieval monastic complex. The fortress was built in the 13th century. The Srvegh monastery was reconstructed numerous times. In most of the lower parts of the walls pieces of cross-stones are inserted. Around the monastery there is a mid-century cemetery, remnants of the dwellings, walls and other parts.
Day 07: Yenokavan – Akhtala – Haghpat – Yerevan
Breakfast in the hotel. We will take our way to Akhtala monastery. The fortified Akhtala monastery was built in the 10th century. Then we will keep our way to Haghpat monastery (the 10th century) which is listed as UNESCO world heritage site. The whole complex is an impressive and very well-preserved example of Armenian unique medieval art and architecture. Back to Yerevan. Overnight in Yerevan.
Day 08: Yerevan – Garni – Geghard – Yerevan
Breakfast in the hotel. We will drive to Geghard monastery. On the way to the monastery we will have a stop near Charents’ Arch. Geghard monastery (13th century) carved out of the adjacent mountain and initially called Ayrivank (the Monastery of the Cave ) is included in the World Heritage Site. Due to the fact that the famous spear, with which the Roman soldier wounded Jesus, was kept here for 500 years, the monastery was called Geghardavank (the Monastery of the Spear). We will see how the national bread, lavash is baked. Then we will visit the only pagan temple in Armenia. From here we will start our walking tour to the Symphony of Stones, which is located in the gorge of Azat river. Back to Yerevan.
Day 09: Departure
Transfer to the airport early in the morning.
|Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan
|Best Western Plus Paradise Hotel Dilijan
|Radisson Blu Hotel, Yerevan
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights hotel accommodation.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide.
– Horses and explorer (leader) service
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.