Most people that visit Iceland go in the summer, but there’s a whole other side to this place in the winter months. (It is called “Iceland,” after all.) Spend the first five days doing really cool things like hiking glaciers, exploring Þingvellir National Park, reflecting on life under the Northern Lights, and warming up in hot springs. Then spend two days on your own exploring colourful, cool Reykjavík and end off the journey at the famous Blue Lagoon. See another side of this amazing country.
Day 01: Arrive Reykjavik
Meet-assist at airport & transfer to hotel. Make your way to Reykjavík today to start your tour.
Day 02: Reykjavik/Alftroo
Travel from Reykjavík to explore a lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains. In the afternoon, get up close and personal with the famous Icelandic horse before returning to Álftröð. In the evening, you will have your first chance to see the Northern Lights out in the countryside.
Additional Notes: The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, and sightings will be dependent on weather conditions. SGV cannot guarantee that travellers booked on this tour will experience the Northern Lights.
– Lava Caving by the Blue Mountains
– Meet Icelandic Horses at a Farm
Day 03: Alftroo
Head to Þingvellir National Park. Visit sights like the Geysir Hot Spring and Gullfoss waterfall. Opt to visit a natural hot spring. In the evening, embrace your inner chef and prepare dinner together at the guesthouse. Afterwards, you will have another opportunity to try seeing the Northern Lights.
– Thingvellir National Park Visit
– Gullfoss Waterfall Visit
– Geysir Visit
Day 04: Alftroo/Reykjavik
Drive to Reykjavik, on arrival transfer to hotel.
– Seljalandsfoss Waterfall Visit
– Skógafoss Waterfall Visit
Day 05: Reykjavik
Free at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Reykjavik
Free at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: Depart Reykjavík
Final departure transfer to Keflavík International airport for flight back to home.
|Reykjavik||01||Grand Hótel Reykjavík|
|Reykjavik||03||Grand Hótel Reykjavík|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 06 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Reykjavík. Lava caving (Leiðarendi Cave).
– Golden Circle sightseeing.
– Pingvellir National Park visit.
– Geysir Hot Spring visit.
– Gullfoss Waterfall visit.
– Northern Lights hunting (2 nts).
– Visit to Sólheimajökull Glacier.
– Southern coast drive including Skógarfoss Waterfall and Seljalndsfoss Waterfall.
– Free time in Reykjaviík
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.