Encounter a world of untamed beauty as you discover Iceland’s adventurous landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Travel the stunning Golden Circle and visit Thingvellir National Park, Geysir thermal field, and the awe-inspiring Gullfoss waterfall. Interact with friendly Icelandic horses. Go whale watching in Skjálfandi Bay with specialized RIB zodiac boats. Climb aboard a mountain truck to explore the Snæfellsjökull glacier. Savor Icelandic delicacies during an exclusive tasting, surrounded by uninterrupted mountain scenery. Take a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon. From ethereal lava fields to thundering waterfalls and coastal villages, this tour reveals the island’s dramatic contrasts.
Day 01: Reykjavík, Iceland – Tour Begins
Meet-assist at airport & transfer to hotel in Reykjavík.
After short rest discover culture and history in Reykjavík – Iceland’s capital. Explore the old section on a walking tour featuring Hallgrímskirkja church, the harbor, city hall, and the city’s oldest building. Gaze up at the famous glass façade of the Harpa Concert Hall, a true marvel of modern architecture.
Day 02: Reykjavík – Golden Circle – Reykjavík
Travel the Golden Circle to see Iceland’s most incredible natural wonders, including the Mid-Atlantic Ridge in Thingvellir National Park where you can walk between two continents. Learn how locals use Iceland’s geothermal energy to cook food and visit a bakery to taste “lava bread,” which is submerged into the earth and cooked for 24 hours. Continue along the Golden Circle and take in the beauty of the Gullfoss (Golden Falls) double-cascade waterfall before visiting the explosive Strokkur fountain geyser.
Day 03: Reykjavík – Lake Mývatn
This morning, fly* to Akureyri and take in the unique volcanic landscape that surrounds Lake Mývatn. You will have a chance to explore the Hverir geothermal area, where bubbling mud pools resemble a Martian terrain. Next, it’s your choice! Dip into the warm water and steam of the Lake Mývatn Nature Baths, frequented by Icelandic locals -OR- hike through Dimmuborgir and pass by irregular lava formations and mystical caves that inspire your imagination.
Day 04: Lake Mývatn – Húsavík – Whale Watching – Lake Mývatn
Venture into the town of Húsavík, where legend claims the Norse first settled in Iceland. Gear up in thermal wear to join expert whale watchers on a cruise on Skjálfandi Bay. Aboard specialized Zodiacs, you’ll get as close as you can to whales in northern Iceland. You may see humpback, minke, fin or harbor porpoise, and possibly the orca or giant blue whales that frequent these waters. End your day with a visit to Grenjaðarstaður and peruse Icelandic turf settlement homes.
Day 05: Lake Mývatn – Akureyri – Laugarbakki
In and around AkureyriEnjoy time at leisure in Akureyri before heading to the scenic Norðurland Vestra region, famous for its horse-breeding farms. On a family-owned farm, it’s your choice! Saddle up and venture into the tranquility of the countryside via horseback -OR- grab your camera for a photo tour of the farm’s stables and interact with these friendly animals. Later this afternoon, travel to Laugarbakki village.
Day 06: Laugarbakki – Húsafell – Borgarnes
In and around BorgarnesSpend your afternoon in Húsafell and look out at the misty waterfalls cascading over lava rocks. Enter into a hidden world as you descend into the expansive Víðgelmir** lava cave. Explore the vast grotto with an expert guide, passing by multicolored walls and mossy rocks.
Day 07: Borgarnes – Snæfellsjökull Glacier Experience – Borgarnes
Bundle up and ascend Snæfellsjökull glacier*** via mountain truck. Under a tented venue within Iceland’s natural splendor, join your mountain guides for an exclusive tasting of local specialties. If the weather is agreeable, gear up with crampons and an ice pick to join an expert-led hike onto a glacier to spot icy crevasses. For a more leisurely endeavor, take a guided hike over lava fields, showcasing the landscape’s various textures and pigments.
Day 08: Borgarnes – Blue Lagoon – Reykjavík
In and around Blue LagoonVisit the Settlement Museum and dive into the origins of Icelandic heritage, including the works of the famous Viking poet Egill Skallagrímsson. Drive to the Reykjanes Peninsula, home to the famous Blue Lagoon. Take a dip in the warm, mineral-rich waters of this iconic geothermal pool, located in the heart of a dramatic lava field. Come together this evening for a farewell dinner at a restaurant featuring Icelandic cuisine.
Day 09: Depart Reykjavík
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Reykjavik||02||Grand Hótel Reykjavík|
|Akureyri||02||Place to Read|
|Hamar||02||Icelandair Hotel Hamar|
|Reykjavik||01||Grand Hótel Reykjavík|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– Welcome with fresh flower garlands.
– 08 Nights accommodation
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English-speaking guide
– All transfers, sightseeing, excursions as per the program by private vehicle.
– Entrance fees to monuments as per mentioned in the program.
– Transport, Parking, Gasoline & Toll ways.
– All present government taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.