The Sunderbans form the single largest mangrove forest on the planet. This protected area lies on the South Western part of Bangladesh and has been declared as a UNESCO world heritage site.,On this tour you will be joining a group honey collectors, whose life depends on collecting honey from the Mangrove forest. This is also the home of the famous Royal Bengal Tiger.
This forest is home to many different species of plants, birds, reptiles, and mammals. Join us for the cruise through narrow canals and creeks, trekking inside the forest to look for honey. Come, and these days will be full of activity, getting to know and understand the forest ‘s biodiversity and its nature.
You will spend three nights on a boat, and the facilities will be shared. The simple but comfortable boats are specially built for cruising in Sunderbans and are chartered only for you. The majority of the cabins are equipped with twin-shared bunk beds, and there are shared bathroom facilities at the rear of the vessel. Armed forest rangers will be available to accompany you.
Day 01: Arrive Dhaka
At Bangladesh’s airport meet and greet your appointed guide and drive to your hotel. After freshening up, set out for Dhaka sightseeing including Dhaka university, Dhakeshwari Temple, Lallbag Fort, Sadarghat Water Front, and Shakari Bazar, with lots more too. Drive back to your hotel and stay overnight.
Day 02: Dhaka – Khulna (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast, drive and enjoy the heart of the country. On arrival, sightseeing of Khulna. Overnight in Khulna.
Day 03: Khulna – Sunderbans
Board your boat in the early morning and start on the cruise towards your mangrove honey collecting adventure. This full day of forest activities includes the early morning canal cruise, jungle trekking to look for honey, and, when you find one, cover up and let the professionals do their thing. Also, maybe here, you can have the chance to see the Royal Bengal Tiger. Late in the afternoon return to your boat and rest overnight.
Day 04: Sunderbans
Travel by country boat to see the forest and wild life from close up on the early morning Canal Cruise. After breakfast enjoy honey collecting activities and a cruise through the forest delta. We go to another location to experience different parts of Sundarbans.
Day 05: Sunderbans – Khulna
Today we cruise back to Khulna arriving in the evening. Overnight in Khulna.
Day 06: Khulna – Dhaka (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast, drive to Dhaka.
On arrival, city tour of Dhaka.
Overnight in Dhaka.
Day 07: Depart Dhaka
Departure transfer to Dhaka airport for flight to onward destination.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Khulna||01||City Inn Ltd.|
|Khulna||01||City Inn Ltd.|
– 06 nights accommodation as mentioned in the program.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Transportation by good conditioned mini van.
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries.
– Local English speaking guide.
– Chartered Boat for Sundarban Cruise.
– Country Boat for canal & creeks cruising.
– Forest Guards in the Sundarbans.
– B-B-Q Dinner inside the forest.
– Forest Permission & Revenue.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.