‘Sundarbans’, the single largest mangrove forest on the planet, is located on the South Western part of Bangladesh. The area has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site; also it is the home of the famous Royal Bengal Tiger. The special forest comprises many different species of plants, birds, reptiles and mammals. You will be accompanied on a cruise through the narrow canal and creeks by a country rowing boat ; you will get to understand the nature of the forest and know more about its biodiversity by trekking in it. These days will be filled with activity.
You will spend three nights on a boat (the facilities are shared). These boats were built especially for cruising in the Sundarbans and are simple but comfortable. The boat is chartered only for you. Most of the cabins contain twin shared bunk beds, and there are shared bathroom facilities at the stern. There will also be armed forest rangers to accompany you. In case of any kind of problem stay calm and directly discuss with your guide.
Day 01: Arrive Dhaka
At Dhaka International airport meet and greet your appointed guide and drive to your hotel. After a chance to freshen up, set out for local sightseeing including Dhaka University, Dhakeshwari Temple, Lallbag Fort, Sadarghat Waterfront, Shakari Bazar and other interesting sights. Drive back to your hotel and rest overnight.
Day 02: Dhaka – Khulna (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast take a train or if you wish you can go by private van to Khulna on a day long journey with the locals. This takes around eight hours with some stops on the way, and is a journey that provides good views through the very heart of the country. Your hotel dinner will be waiting ready when you arrive.
Day 03: Sunderbans
Early in the morning get aboard your boat and start on your mangrove adventure.
A full day of forest activities follows, including the early morning canal cruise, jungle tracking and bird watching. It may be that you get the chance to see the Royal Bengal Tiger. Late in the afternoon return to your boat to rest overnight.
Day 04: Sunderbans
An early morning Canal cruise by country boat permits you to see the forest and its wildlife from close by., After breakfast enjoy more jungle activities and the cruise through the forest delta to another location to see different parts of the Sundarbans.
Day 05: Sunderbans – Khulna
Today we cruise back to Khulna arriving in the evening.
Overnight in Khulna.
Day 06: Khulna – Dhaka (265 Kms. / 5H 30M appx.)
After breakfast, drive back to Dhaka.
Overnight in Dhaka.
Day 07 Depart Dhaka
Departure transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
|City||Night (s)||Hotels / Camps|
|Khulna||01||City Inn Ltd.|
|Khulna||01||City Inn Ltd.|
– 06 nights accommodation as mentioned in the program.
– Transportation by good conditioned mini van.
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries.
– Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners.
– Local English speaking guide.
– Chartered Boat for Sunderban Cruise.
– Country Boat for canal & creeks cruising.
– B-B-Q Dinner inside the forest.
– Forest Guards in the Sundarbans.
– All taxes.
– International Airfare.
– Tips, gratuities, Portage, laundry, telephone calls, table drinks, camera/ video camera charges, or any other expenses of a personal nature.
– Visa fees, personal insurance.
– Any item not specified under cost includes.
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– Sometimes, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.