Start and end in Hamilton! With the Self-Guided tour Islands of Bermuda Self-Guided Walk – Premium, you have a 8 days tour package taking you through Hamilton, Bermuda and 4 other destinations in Bermuda.
This self-guided walking holiday explores the quintessential island paradise of Bermuda, a sub-tropical gem, seemingly adrift in the North Atlantic Ocean. Warmed by the temperate Gulf Stream, Bermuda is a stunning archipelago of 181 islands and islets, the 8 largest of which form the fishhook-shaped mainland. The oldest British colony, this tiny treasure trove is packed with history and natural beauty. Famed for its stunning turquoise waters in a whole rainbow of blues, incredible pink sands and coral reefs home to hundreds of colourful fish, Bermuda is a beach-lover’s heaven.
Day 01: Arrive in Bermuda
Arrive at your hotel in time for dinner overlooking the ocean.
Day 02: Somerset to the Dockyard
Today’s route begins at Somerset Bridge, the world’s smallest drawbridge, to follow the Railway Trail lined with unusual screw palm and cedar trees, reaching 19th century Fort Scaur, with stunning views to Hamilton. Onwards to sleepy Somerset Village for lunch by pretty Mangrove Bay, you then follow a coastal track to the Royal Naval Dockyard at Bermuda’s most westerly end. Maybe visit vibrant Hamilton before meeting Tim Rogers at the hotel who will talk you through the suggested programme for the rest of your walking week.
Day 03: Exploring the East End
You start the day in charming St George, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There’s time to explore the tangle of colourful streets and picturesque harbour before a dazzling path lined with prickly pear and casuarina leads to Gates Bay where Sir George Somers first came ashore in 1609. You continue along a herb-scented coastal track to Ferry Reach, with its 17th century forts and Corsican tower.
Day 04: St David’s and Cooper’s Island
At tranquil St David’s, fragrant hibiscus scents the salty ocean air as you visit Red Hole bay. Then it’s on to St David’s Battery, with cliff views stretching infinitely across the ocean, before heading over to Cooper’s Island, Bermuda’s newest nature reserve, a truly isolated and unspoilt area.
Day 05: Sights of the South Shore
From Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, balcony views span the entire west end across the azure waters of Great Sound, dotted with white sailboats. From here you descend to the sugary pink sands of the South Shore Trail, a string of nine gorgeous bays linked by a scented path of flowering morning glory and oleander. There’s time for a dip at Chaplin Bay before a shaded path leads past cassava fields to the hotel, in time for a dip in the hotel’s pool.
Day 06: Coast and Caves
Colourful prickly poppies dot the sparkling coastal route towards Flatts Village, where friendly locals cast their nets into the azure expanse of Harrington Sound, an inland lake littered with sea grottoes. It’s then onwards with views over the northern shore to reach Blue Hole Park, a tiny treasure trove of caves filled with aquamarine waters. Maybe savour a Dark ‘n’ Stormy cocktail after visiting the fascinating Crystal Caves, then take the bus back to the hotel.
Day 07: Botanical Gardens and Spittal Pond
Alive with the noisy chatter of yellow kiskadee, a gentle allspice-scented trail brings you to Paget Marsh, a wetland oasis, home to herons and warblers. Then it’s on to the Botanical Gardens – John Lennon’s Double Fantasy album is named after the purple flower he spotted here – before heading to Spittal Pond; maybe spot herons, egrets and flamingos before following the coastal path, vibrant with sea lavender, looking out for humpback whales basking in the warm Atlantic waters.
Day 08: Leave Bermuda
Final departure transfer to airport for flight back to home.
|Bermuda||07||Coco Reef Resort|
– Meeting and assistance by our representative.
– 07 nights accommodation as per program
– Meals: Breakfasts & Dinners
– Route notes and maps provided
– 7 day travel pass
– All present government taxes.
• International Flights.
• Personal Expenses.
• Camera / Video Camera Fees.
• Medical Aid.
• Travel Insurance.
• Accommodation in good hotels.
• Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
• Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost. – Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
• A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
• If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
• Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
• In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
• In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
• While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
• Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
• In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.